Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 05:28 AM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
We can't allow terror to change the way we live our lives. If we do that, then the terrorist has won.

'The price of liberty is eternal vigilance' Sad but true.

GOOD!
would you vote for me as moderator?
Old 09-12-2001, 06:02 AM   #12
Luther
Manshoon

A pity that when the Federal United States launch their missiles at foreign Nations to secure their power it's called 'peacekeeping' but when people attack the Federal United States institutions it's called 'terrorism'. The USA are no doubt going to rain all hell down upon those who are 'responsible' and keep the cycle of slaughter running along quite smoothly. Such a pity.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:06 AM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:
A pity that when the Federal United States launch their missiles at foreign Nations to secure their power it's called 'peacekeeping' but when people attack the Federal United States institutions it's called 'terrorism'. The USA are no doubt going to rain all hell down upon those who are 'responsible' and keep the cycle of slaughter running along quite smoothly. Such a pity.
there is a distinct difference here

when US fired missle, the targets know who did it, and they well knew the cause of such an action, even thought the causes are not justified some time

however, when US was struk, the source of attack is an organized criminal group, not as a nation with well defined purpose! that is to threaten the ways of live here, but any other purpose! that IS terrorism

and this is not the best time for bashing US.

Old 09-12-2001, 06:16 AM   #14
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:
I don't like hearing about the U.S. hitting a civilian target anymore then the next guy but at least ours are not done on purpose. We have strict RoA and striking down civilians has never been U.S. policy. I might add; when have we (the U.S.) ever used a civilian vessel loaded with innocent lives against a target of more innocent people...most or all civilian? Can you give me an instance in which the U.S. has done such a thing? Didn't think so...

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-12-2001, 06:19 AM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

I hope the worst thing that will happen today is that the job interview I have at 1:00PM goes bad. I'll take that over more terrorism.

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 06:21 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I hope the worst thing that will happen today is that the job interview I have at 1:00PM goes bad. I'll take that over more terrorism.

Mark
God Bless you, and you WILL do well! and we WILL catch the little punks!
Old 09-12-2001, 07:43 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
We can't allow terror to change the way we live our lives. If we do that, then the terrorist has won.

'The price of liberty is eternal vigilance' Sad but true.

That is exactly the point, Donut. And so, exhausted as I am from waiting to hear about my friend (she's ok- see other thread), I'm off to work. (not awake, but nobody'll notice )

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 07:49 AM   #18
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
I don't like hearing about the U.S. hitting a civilian target anymore then the next guy but at least ours are not done on purpose. We have strict RoA and striking down civilians has never been U.S. policy. I might add; when have we (the U.S.) ever used a civilian vessel loaded with innocent lives against a target of more innocent people...most or all civilian? Can you give me an instance in which the U.S. has done such a thing? Didn't think so...

You don't need to hijack civilian vessels when you have highly-sophisticated cruise missiles to do it for you. Also, try and watch some non-Western news bulletins, they show alot more of American bloodthirsty atrocity than you'd be comfortable to see. Of course they are filled with propaganda, but no less so that what you see on good Old CNN.
Old 09-12-2001, 07:01 PM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
God Bless you, and you WILL do well! and we WILL catch the little punks!
250! I just thought I'd let you know that my interview went very well. I thank you for your words of encouragement.

The last question they asked me was, "What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

They wanted to know if I had a good sense of humor. Needless to say, I knew the answer. This would be a great place to work. I'll know by Friday if I got the job.

Damn, it's hard to type with crossed fingers!

Mark

Old 09-12-2001, 08:27 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
250! I just thought I'd let you know that my interview went very well. I thank you for your words of encouragement.

The last question they asked me was, "What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

They wanted to know if I had a good sense of humor. Needless to say, I knew the answer. This would be a great place to work. I'll know by Friday if I got the job.

Damn, it's hard to type with crossed fingers!

Mark

CONGRATULATIONS MAN!
it is good to hear some good news now! and I KNEW you'd get the job!!