Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 08:51 AM   #41
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
A little worried at half time Donut, this was against a team of schoolboys and amateurs. There were a total of 3 guys that played super 12 rugby for Queensland, and they were reserve or bit part players in Super 12. T'would have been embarrassing as hell to lose to that combo, and at half time that looked a distinct possibility. Almost asked how the last cricket game went (heard as I woke up that someone lost by two runs, but honestly don't know who), but I heard there's this thing called the internet that I can look it up on .

Okay - lay it on the line. Are the Queensland Reds rubbish as well? I think you should tell me before the match this time.

BTW - Martin Johnson & Jonny Wilkinson make their tour debuts on Saturday.
BTBTW - This is a rugby thread, don't keep going off topic about other sports.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 11:17 AM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shakir Do'Urden:
i follow Rugby (although I think its a barbaric sport) If you ask me the only reason the Aussies won. was casue they got LUCKY. The Maories should have won that game.

The Maori played @#$% well against the Aussies, but they had a near full-strength All-Black side. At least we're preparing against hardened opponents, the Lions are preparing against schoolboys.

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 06:22 PM   #43
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK Donut, the Queensland Reds are the first side that I would expect to test you. The big question will be, "How many Wallabies that normally play for the Reds will frony up on the night?". If it is a full strength Reds side (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), then I expect a close tussle. The Reds are the 2nd strongest (as a Queenslander I hate admitting that) provincial side in Australia behind the ACT Brumbies. I will be ashamed and embarassed if you beat a full strangth Reds side, let alone score more than 50 points (there you go, Davros lays it on the line as requested).

BTW, what off topic stuff are you talking about??????????????????

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 01:20 AM   #44
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
OK Donut, the Queensland Reds are the first side that I would expect to test you. The big question will be, "How many Wallabies that normally play for the Reds will frony up on the night?". If it is a full strength Reds side (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), then I expect a close tussle
John Eales (Aust captain) and Chris Latham (Aust fullback) are both out.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 04:35 AM   #45
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Looks like Herbert will miss as well - take the three best Wallabies out ( ), and it looks like the Aussies are making sure they play their cards close to the chest. I still expect the Reds to triumph, it is the QLD in my blood. I think our next match in that "off topic" sport is tonight too

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 05:36 AM   #46
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

The Maori played @#$% well against the Aussies, but they had a near full-strength All-Black side. At least we're preparing against hardened opponents, the Lions are preparing against schoolboys.

We can only beat the teams you put out against us. In S Africa & N Zealand they put strong provincial teams out to soften us up a bit. I guess you don't have the strength in depth in Australia.

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 05:49 AM   #47
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Looks like Herbert will miss as well - take the three best Wallabies out ( ), and it looks like the Aussies are making sure they play their cards close to the chest. I still expect the Reds to triumph, it is the QLD in my blood. I think our next match in that "off topic" sport is tonight too

Are Australia still world champions at 'back pedalling'? If so you and Memnoch must be in the first eleven I will put my cards down now. The Lions will win no matter who plays for Queensland and they will win comfortably.

There is a certain synergy about a Lions tour. They become much greater than the sum of their parts. Usually the English, Irish, Scots and Welsh are at each others throats. During the tour there is an amazing coalescence which transforms ordinary men into a thing of extraordinary power and beauty. They become Lions - tooth and claw - and wallaby is their favourite meat!

BTW if you want to talk about off topic sports let's forget about the pyjama game and discuss Iran.

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 06:00 AM   #48
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Who said anything about losing, mate? Our triumph will be all the sweeter.

Also, I'm looking forward to tonight's game in that "off-topic" sport.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 09:20 AM   #49
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Oh Donut ,

So you will put your money where your mouth is for the Lions versus the Reds - I think that is admirable of you to back the favourite for that contest.

The big questions though, will be asked in the Test Matches, and in those your Lions will run into the full strength world champion Wallabies .

Iran - oh, cast that into our faces again why don't you. Ah, I remember now, the weak link was the coaching, that's it, some Pommie fellow - Venables or something like that .

The pyjama game starts soon - hmmmm do I stay up till late morning watching that, or instead, go to bed early, and get up at 5 am to watch the US Open Golf . Either way it's looking dodgy for being 100% at work tomorrow (when some industrial unrest may mean I have to get my hands dirty and pick up a hammer for a change).

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 09:39 AM   #50
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Oh Donut ,

So you will put your money where your mouth is for the Lions versus the Reds - I think that is admirable of you to back the favourite for that contest.

The big questions though, will be asked in the Test Matches, and in those your Lions will run into the full strength world champion Wallabies .

Iran - oh, cast that into our faces again why don't you. Ah, I remember now, the weak link was the coaching, that's it, some Pommie fellow - Venables or something like that .

The pyjama game starts soon - hmmmm do I stay up till late morning watching that, or instead, go to bed early, and get up at 5 am to watch the US Open Golf . Either way it's looking dodgy for being 100% at work tomorrow (when some industrial unrest may mean I have to get my hands dirty and pick up a hammer for a change).

As the Lions will wear red on saturday, what colour will the reds wear? I suppose that as long as the shorts are brown they should be okay!

The pyjama game has just started - er! 0/1 after 4 balls, that's not too good is it?

Laughing while I can!

------------------