Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 12:32 PM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Mojo, it had 0 posts when I posted it. The link in the first post on the thread was what I thought related - which was some guy complaining about guys doing non-guy-like things, such as being sappy on the altar.

No, some folks will toss homosexuality into a discussion such as that, no matter what - but I wasn't trying to say it was related at all.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:39 PM   #22
Mojo
Elminster

OK, I apologise.

But let that be a warning to those of you who *will* toss homosexuality into such a debate.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:11 PM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
That's as maybe, but all the hair dye products I've seen with men on them are designed to cover grey. Every single one. I havn't got grey hair, I don't want to look younger, I merely want an interesting colour in my hair...
Well, that's not what I have seen. It's the trendy, flashy colours for young people that have men on the cover, at least in the stores around here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 07:01 PM   #24
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, if wearing cosmetics is your goal, out of here, I'll have to roll. Why on earth would you want to do that? Right now, men have it the best we have ever had it. We don't have to wear ties or hats, unless we want to, I wear a suit twice a year, maybe, and girls walk around practically naked. I like it like it is. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I disagree, at least in part. Take formalwear. Men have to wear a suit, if not a dinner suit. That mean pants, shirt, jacket, tie. Apart from being totally boring for them, what if it's really hot? Which is is, often, here in Australia. Women can wear however little fabric they like! Just because of a silly custom from a different climate. Up until this year my dad has had to wear a tie to work (the new CEO is more sensible and put out a memo that even the top executives like my dad don't have to wear ties). And a lot of professions require (or at least tacitly expect) men to wear full suits to work.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:03 PM   #25
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
That's as maybe, but all the hair dye products I've seen with men on them are designed to cover grey. Every single one. I havn't got grey hair, I don't want to look younger, I merely want an interesting colour in my hair...
Well, that's not what I have seen. It's the trendy, flashy colours for young people that have men on the cover, at least in the stores around here. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Yep, I've seen the same. Plus lots of men get highlights and colours at salons too. And I read women's magazines, Cosmo and such; there's a whole section for men's beauty products - hair, skin, scents and so on. For men who read their gf's mag
Old 01-31-2003, 08:09 PM   #26
Mojo
Elminster

[quote]Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
For men who read their gf's mag
That's the problem...your prejudice.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:12 PM   #27
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

For men who read their gf's mag
That's the problem...your prejudice.[/QUOTE]Um, no actually. I added that bit because it might have seemed a little strange that there would be a section on male beauty products in a women's magazine - Cosmo is a women's mag, is marketed as such and consumerised as such. Most men typically wouldn't buy a women's magazine hoping to find info on what products marketed at men there are for them to buy for their skin and hair. Doesn't mean men shouldn't (and don't) read them, but you shouldn't expect to find such info in them is all. And I don't read men's magazines so I can't comment on what's advertised in those. And also to head off the comments that it would be 'gay' men who read women's magazines, hence the wink smilie.

Frankly I think if men want to wear makeup they should. A lot of men could do with a bit of foundation for one; I'm sure women aren't the only ones who want to cover up blemishes, but because of the whole macho thing they don't.