Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-02-2001, 11:55 PM   #21
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Weimarana's are excellent dogs. I've never had one but have known more than a few people who have. Absolutely beautiful, short hair, don't shed much , and very mild mannered.

For me, I've got one greyhound (retired racer) who is 8 years old and plays like he's 2, one Cairn Terrier (mean little bastard, but we love him anyway), and three fish...oh...and my newborn daughter, but I don't think she counts.

Draconia...I cannot *believe* that you have 10 cats! I don't do cats as I'm deathly allergic to them. Airways start swelling shut as soon as I walk into a house with cats. S'allright though as they don't like me much anyway...

Heehee, I don't have 10 cats. Moni does. I have 2 cats.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 05-02-2001, 11:56 PM   #22
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Sorry Draconia, my comment was a cricket joke, I love to bait the aussies .

I had a dog which sadly died some years ago. Her name was Cindy and she was a cross between a golden labrador and a whippet (difficult to imagine but true). I live in a second floor flat now and having a dog isn't really an option I'm afraid. I would love a Weimarana, those things have such class.

OHHH, I get it. LOL

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 05-03-2001, 12:32 AM   #23
Moni

What a great way to end a beutiful day by reading all the replies to this thread! Thank you all for sharing and since I have some time before I have to go to bed, I am going to reply to you all here in this one post LOL!

Draconia, 3 kids count! I wish I had room for a horse! Perhaps if someone turns a Shetland pony loose and it happens to "stray" past my yard....LOL!

Donut, totally cool name! My parents had a Siamese Cat named Shaine when I was very young.

Absynthe, No need to feel weird over having nine cats, at least you CARE! (I DO know that feeling though! LOL) Ours are all strays too. Bubba, Hillary, William and Maggie are all about 11 years old. Boo is 1-1/2 yrs old and showed up on our doorstep in Dec 1999, so almost dead with internal parasites that he collapsed and was hours away from death not long after we trapped him and brought him in. Seven and her kitten Sweety Pie were abandoned around the same time that we got Boo, by renters across the street from us. Sweety Pie came over to beg for food but by the time we got his mother to realize we would take care of her, she was pregnant again. Tiger, Mr. Snuggles, and Captain Marmalade are all babies of hers that were born under the porch of the house where she had lived and were unwanted by anyone because it had rained really hard when they were about 5 weeks old and they all had respiratory infections that required ongoing medical attention by the time they were old enough to "rescue". Luckily, they are all healthy now and only go in for vaccine boosters. ALL of them are fixed!
The dogs too, were "throw away" pets, given to Grandpa by a lady who wanted new dogs since Zip has seizures and needs daily meds for the rest of her life. Her sister, Code, had to come along since they are so close that they could not be seperated. Hercules was just found lost in the gas station parking lot yesterday and was covered in ticks and fleas. No one knows where he came from and I was told I should just "call the city" about him. Knowing that would be merely signing his death warrant, I brought him home, gave him a flea/tick killing bath, water and food and took him in this morning for shots and to be de-wormed, just in case he may have worms too. The vet told me he is only 12 weeks old. He bears some pretty deep scars on one of his back feet and is afraid of sticks. Other than the stick phobia, he is now a very happy little puppy.

You can see the scars on his foot in this pic...reminded me of the RCA dog LOL

You can see he sports an extra "toe" in this next pic, probably the reason he was "tossed". Looking like a German Shephard/Pit Bull, we are aware that the "breed" is popular around here as an experimental cop dog as well as a fighting breed.

Moraine, heh heh heh I know the feeling of being an unpayed door opener! I thought it was all over with when Seven (the last to come indoors) got used to going out the back kitty door but since we put the pup back there yesterday and he likes chasing them, I have to be aware of who wants in and who wants out.
Whenever I am sitting out front, Captain Marmalade insists on being let in and asking to be let out until she gets tired enough of it to take a nap. Must be an attention gimmick even though she'll duck under my hand and not let me pet her when she is doing this. She is adorable when she lets me hold her and pet her...she always rolls over on her back in my arms and bends in half, sticking her head under my chin and purring. I need to get a pic of her doing it, it is just too cute!

Tiger is the only cat we have that has given thought to going fishing in the pond. The fish were so much bigger than him when he first got the idea though that he actually got scared when they got close and now he (and Boo) just sit and watch them, taking an ocassional drink out of the fountain.

Sorry your cats don't get along! William is the only "bad boy" here. He is so mean that all the other cats keep their distance from him with the exception of his only friend Bubba and Bubba don't play with him.

Charlie, "Shiner" LMAO, great name! Sorry your kitty abuses it! Our Maggie likes our dogs better than she likes any of the other cats or even US! She is pretty mad at me for putting that kitty chasing pup back there yesterday and taking away her leisure time with her favorite frind Zip. Maybe I should throw William back there and teach that pup a thing or two about being mean to the kitties LOL!

Aw, Wolfie! HUGS! I hope you can get at least one dog soon! What breed of dog is your favorite? I had an Alaskan Malamut for many years, he was the closest thing to "human" in any animal I have ever known and would tell me "I Love You!" as plain as day lol! He also hung around the keg at parties telling anyone refilling their glass "I'm a Bro!" in a usually sucessful effort to get a drink of beer. When he got tipsy, he'd rub on all the girls legs telling them too that he loved them LOL! I did not start or approve of him drinking!

Sir Taliesin, LOL! Give your fish name tags! 3 rats gone already?! Kitty working overtime?! We have to put out glue traps for an ocassional mouse, the cats won't or can't catch them. Birds, butterflies, and lizards are another story though!

Throntar, Kids count as soon as they start to walk so you are safe for now! ALlergic huh? I guess that means you won't be coming to lunch anytime soon

We only ever see 3 or 4 at any given time though except feeding times and even then I don't think I have seen all ten in the same room at once...Maggie and Hillary both have social anxiety disorder lol and we hardly ever see them...I only pet Hillary once a month when I catch her sleeping and hold her down for her application of Frontline. Gotta do the same with Maggie, but at least Maggie sleeps out in the open (away from Grandpa's rooms) and I can pet her while she sleeps more often. She won't let me pet her when she is awake but doesn't mind it when I do...I even got her to purr once!

Slackerboy, CUTE! ^5!
Is that you with the dalmation?!

Nick1979, Welcome to the Forum! I love Labs!

Glycerine, Aw! So sorry!!

Lady Avalon, We actually spend more money per month on pet foods than we do people foods! I am grateful that we have the kitty door (and even for being doorperson til they and the pup get acquainted) since it eliminates the need for a kitty litter box! Even better, they dig deep holes and bury it well!
My Boo is Siamese, well, probably more Himalayan, having med length hair. He is HUGE and insists on sitting right in my lap.
Merlin's got the stare tactic down huh?! Ours just play with their toys by themselves or with each other. If they involve us, it is usually to "blindly pounce the human" as we turn corners or pass choice pieces of furniture LOL! A 15 year old teenager definitely counts!

Epona, Aw! Hugs to you! I know losing a pet can be as hard as losing friends or family, I'm sorry! I wish you and the baby many melodious years together.

Bilqis, you mean the husband's opinions count?! It is cool that you have at least two dogs! I think I have about 8 cats too many but SOMEONE had to take care of them! Just glad we can afford them and us too!

John, ^5 Love the descriptions! Editing this to add you to my replies...I am late getting to bed and Boo just climbed up in my lap and is pushing my hands off the keys LOL! I am taking it he wants his daily dose of personal attention, I am HIS you know!

Thank you everyone for sharing your pets with me and everyone here! Like I said, this is the perfect ending to a beautiful day!

Love, Hugs, & Peace,
Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 05-03-2001).]

Old 05-03-2001, 01:29 AM   #24
turbovee
Elminster

I have my Two parrots Oscar and Sierra. I have a picture of them on Stealthy's site. I also had a pet Dolphin the Navy gave me. I had to give her up about two weeks ago. Promotions are a bitch. I would have rather stayed working with the mammals instead I'm in an office now. I've had just about every kind of animal throughtout my life and have settled on the two birds. Hope to get a Boxer when I get a house with a yard. Yah right. Try buying a house with a yard in San Diego. Rotfl

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 05-03-2001, 11:06 AM   #25
Moni

Hiya TurboVee!
You have beautiful birds! I used to take care of some birds on a friend's ranch in AZ...one of them, an African Parrot, would come up to the edge of the cage and say "Pet My Head!" while she showed you the top of her head and gave you easy access to pet it...the thing was though, she wasn't looking to have her head petted...she wanted to take off your fingers! I was warned about her little "trick" before I ever approached the cage so I never fell for it, but she tried it on me every morning and I must say, she looked sincere as she asked!
I would love to have some tropical birds here but with ten cats, I have to settle for just feeling lucky that the goldfish in the pond are big enough to scare away any feline fishers.

Closest thing I ever had to "pet birds" of my own was a "bird hospital" I made up in a tree as a kid where I would take birds with broken wings and nurse them back to health.

Sorry you lost your dolphin friends!
One of my most memorable dreams was one where I was swimming with dolphins (underwater, no breathing apparatus necessary, and throughout the whole dream), it was totally sublime and one that stuck with me for life.

Moni

Slackerboy,
I checked out all the new pics on Stealthy's site and saw you with the dalmation, so that answered my question from last night...you are a cutie, what color is your hair today?

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 05-03-2001).]