Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-23-2001, 05:49 AM   #1
Argus
The Magister

Woke up early this morning to the smaller of my two cats wet and cold burrowing underneath the covers of the bed. Getting up to grab a towel and dry her off, I noticed wet pawprints leading to the kitty door. As my gaze drifted upwards and out the window I was greeted with the view of the courtyard dusted in snow.

Winter had returned, but at that exact moment the city here looked so peaceful I didn't mind at all.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:53 AM   #2
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Argus:
Woke up early this morning to the smaller of my two cats wet and cold burrowing underneath the covers of the bed. Getting up to grab a towel and dry her off, I noticed wet pawprints leading to the kitty door. As my gaze drifted upwards and out the window I was greeted with the view of the courtyard dusted in snow.

Winter had returned, but at that exact moment the city here looked so peaceful I didn't mind at all.
Oh, you lucky!! We still have 800 degree heat here in Florida..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 05:55 AM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Oh, you lucky!! We still have 800 degree heat here in Florida..

*looks outside window* It is cold. And wet. Looks like it'll rain soon. In other words, perfectly normal German weather... When was the last time it was WARM here?
Old 10-23-2001, 05:57 AM   #4
Argus
The Magister

Right now the snow doesn't bother me, but ask me in another 5-6 months if I'm still enjoying the winter weather.

I'll be clamoring for a trip to Florida...planning on going to Destin this year for the first time, or maybe the Keys...haven't decided yet.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:59 AM   #5
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
*looks outside window* It is cold. And wet. Looks like it'll rain soon. In other words, perfectly normal German weather... When was the last time it was WARM here?

I'll send ya half of our heat, then we'll both be better!! It rains here a lot too.. ugh, and that means more mosquitoes..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 06:00 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

On the one hand I like summer, cos it's warm and you need not dress that much (you don't need to wear all those clothes to protect yourself from the warmth). But summer also brings mosquito's, and I just hate those creatures. I easily wake up, so if there's one in my room, well, I'm usually awake all night.

Winter, on the contrary, drives away the mosquito's, but brings cold to this country (.. it's ALWAYS cold here, what am I saying ). *sigh* The world ain't fair!

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-23-2001, 06:02 AM   #7
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:

I'll send ya half of our heat, then we'll both be better!! It rains here a lot too.. ugh, and that means more mosquitoes..

Are you sending by air mail? We need it, the weather is supposed to get worse... all the mosquitoes have probably frozen *hurrah*
And I can only say *snow? what's snow?* Even if we get any, it turns into slush as soon as it hits the ground.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:07 AM   #8
Argus
The Magister

I shiver at the thought of slush...I don't mind snow nearly as much as any combination of slush/mud/ice. Blech!
Old 10-23-2001, 06:14 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Argus:

Wow. Thankyou Argus. I didn't realise you started winter so early. Incredible. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm lapping up my first northern hemisphere Autumn. Central parks trees have started to turn. I took a trip out to Long Island and was amazed at the reds, oranges and yellows.

Beautiful.

Thankyou for shareing.

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 06:19 AM   #10
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:

This past summer is the first that I can remember when mosquitos weren't a problem at home. We set up a birdhouse for purple martins...the lil buggers eat 1500 skeeters a day each. I never saw one mosquito on our place all summer
Now when I went to my buddy's place...yikes!

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon