Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 04:55 PM   #11
Balor
Dungeon Master

Thanks... i was just wondering.. sounds like fun...
Old 06-15-2001, 05:01 PM   #12
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

here's what i do. i make 2 or 3 people in multiplayer. and start a game. then save it. then close the game. now open your bg2 folder, open the mpsave folder. and find the file for your game. (the name you saved the game as will be part of the file name.) copy this file and paste a copy into your "saved" folder.
now when you play the game. you can pick single player and load your multigame.
this will make it much faster.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-15-2001, 05:03 PM   #13
rono
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey slackerboy. i'm kind of an idiot so could you please tell me that again but step by step this time.
Old 06-15-2001, 05:09 PM   #14
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I would recommend playing as a single player first time too.

As for exporting your single player out and then importing him/her into a multi party you must remember that he/she may be of a much higher level than your other members and you may need to adjust the characters stat's to bring him/her into line.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-15-2001, 08:53 PM   #15
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yep Multiplayer is great, but I agree with everyone else. The first time through the game, you should play as the staff designed the game, for a solo player with NPC additions.
There are alot of character interactions and quests that go on, which you will miss out on with multiplay mode. The staff designed the game so that you as a solo player will have In-game NPC characters with you, interacting with them, romances, fights, and alot more.
If you haven't played at least one time through already, play through with your Solo player, then if you want to play through again (which you will) then you can bring in a Multiplayer party of your own.

One of the funniest dialogues so far Ive seen is between Jen the evil illusionist/thief and Anomen (?) the good fighter/cleric. Jen likes to irritate everyone, the funny little gnome. So he tells this story of a dumb orc, who happens to be named Ano (get it, Anomen?). This dumb ork finds in the woods a knight and a giant fighting, the knight wins. After the battle the orc takes the giants head back to his camp and says that he killed it.
The giants brother hunts down the orc, takes him back to HIS home, ties a porcupine to his head, and uses him as a toilet cleaner. And the funny part was that Ano the orc seems to have liked it.
Of course, this really irritates the good Sir Anomen the cleric LOL.

THATS the kinda of fun stuff you miss out on with multiplayer mode.
Old 06-15-2001, 09:25 PM   #16
Ratweed
Manshoon

In partys with multitple created charecters who does the game adress as the protaganist???