Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2003, 02:42 AM   #1
the mighty stamar

After I finish the greatest crpg ever made Im going to start on wizards and warriors. Ive heard it described as wiz 7.5

What do you all think of WW?
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:55 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

quite good, the nice thing is that it doesn't have the sci fic like wiz 8 have.I gave it an 8.

though, you ought to download the unofficial patch.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:31 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I liked it, too. Closest thing to Wiz 8 I have seen. Designed by D.W. Bradley, who did Wiz 5 through 7. It has some minor irritations, like its interface and some bugs, but it is very rewarding. If Wiz 8 is a ten, Wiz and Warriors is a nine.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:07 AM   #4
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

So what is the best ever CRPG you're playing?. Might and Magic 7?, Baldurs Gate ?.
Wizards and Warriors is a good game though, I really enjoyed it. To be honest it isn't much like wizardry 8 as the combat is much better (faster). W&W is most like Might and Magic 9.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:01 AM   #5
the mighty stamar

Heh this is a late response, but the greatest crpg ever is.... Wizardry 8.
It blew me away. I played it about a year after everyone was tired of it. Better than nwn or morrowind or anything really. By a lot. If it had better graphics I would give it a 10 of 10 I have little to criticise, only that it is dated. The length and content and challenge were all exactly there.

Wizards and warriors I have only peaked at. I do like things about it but its not wizardry 8. It reminds me greatly of the might and magic games with your six headed character.

Some people dont like the comic book story of Wizardry 8. For me it shocked me enough to make me really pay attention, as opposed to all the other crpg stories Ive tried to stay awake through recently.

It did win several awards, it did have some acclaim when it came out. I just dont understand why everyone doesnt pick it as their best ever. Its the best crpg Ive ever played.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:25 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Although Wiz 8 is awesome, and my favorite RPG, Wiz 7 was slightly better and Wiz 6 was close. Why? Wiz 7 was harder, you REALLY had to think. The graphics were adequate for the time. I still think they are good enough even now to give you the feel of being there. Poor by today's standards, but the game play was excellent! And you could change classes to your heart's content. Of course, you could over do it and be left with weak characters at the end, or waste too much time in class building of newly raised characters. Wiz 6 had some of the great challenge of Wiz 7. Worse graphics, but CPRG are not so much about graphics as much as growth of your characters. If you choose wrongly, you feel like playing again from the start with a new group. Wizards and Warriors did many things right, and the graphics are comparable to Wiz 8, but it has a bigger annoyance factor from the interface and need to visit cities to level up, IMO. W&W is closer to the earlier games I love, but Wiz 8 has it great moments. Gee, I'm talking myself into a tie of Wiz 7, 8 and W & W.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:21 PM   #7
galic
Dungeon Master

I,personally don't think that this game is that good. Either I'm stupid or you guys are very smart, otherwise, how do you solve some of the readles or where to go next, and what to do. Ofcouse, unless you cheat. In my opinion if I have to cheat to finish a game, that game does'n deserve to be called very good. Also, it takes sooooooooo long to figth the enemy that on some figths I can go for a beer (or any other thing) and they steal be figthing when I'm back. For sure the computer is having a great time.
But, what do I know. I'm one of those guys that loved "M&M 6". Sorry I'm talking about Wizardry 8.

[ 03-03-2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: galic ]
galic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
galic
Dungeon Master

Im' sorry The migthy Stamar, I though you where talking about Wizardry 8. Wizards and Warrios is a great game, buy it you won't be sorry.
galic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #9
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Anyone know a site where W+W is still being sold online?
Old 03-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #10
the mighty stamar

I think I understand what youre talking about.
The riddles part of it is almost impossible to figure out on your own.
I agree. If I had bought wizardry 8 when it had just came out... there would be no way I would figure out how to drink the potion and eat the flower on the 8th bough of the trynnie tree. 0% chance.
What about just getting the black box to arnika?
Actually I dont think I would have ever even discovered the mook exist without refering to a walkthrough... and without the mook, you are missing one item and can never finish the game so I might never have been able to finish it( I still havent btw)
Never would have figured out what '100% trang item' to bring back to the umpani and would have completed 0 of their quests.
My friend is playing it now and he just walked into martens bluff and killed all the trang. Slam dunk lol. I think he can still finish the game but I do see your point. The puzzles in wiz8 are difficult

The combat I really like the most though. I think its the best in any game ever, its a strategy game. Different strokes for different folks. I think its the only game to try and make strategy combat with a modern 3d engine...