Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Exclamation Pokémon GO!

I cannot believe I am starting this thread on this forum. I figured there would be somebody in my realm of people that's wanting to talk about it. I hope there is,...my wife hates for me to talk about it so I need my people!

Here's my quick summary of where I am at:
  • Level 20.
  • Been playing since 17/July/2016.
  • Team Mystic, because I liked the philosophy. Second choice, almost went with Valor.
  • Best Egg Hatch: Aerodactyl (1015 CP)
  • Favorite Wild Catch: Bulbasaur and Squirtle were really hard and elusive in my area. Caught wild Ivysaur tonight! First time ever seeing it!
  • Highest CP: Flareon at 1201, but I caught an Eevee tonight at 568 and I bet that'll make an even higher eeveelution.
  • Looking Forward Most to Evolving: Trying to get enough magikarp to get a gyrados. I also have a Vulpix I want to see become a ninetails.

I know I should not evolve anything now until I am higher level because there is a high chance (and it's been proving on my own game) that I can catch pokes in the wild tomorrow that are going to be stronger than those I spend candy on today. I get it...but I still like the pay-off now.

Game Play:
    I sit here at night with the phone on at the desk and watch for any random encounters which sometimes yields more than just a rattata or pidgey. I go for walks in the neighborhood to hatch eggs and rarely find anything of worth in the area until I get back around to home! The best place I find good encounters are in the parking lot of Target and Best Buy and at the dam where people jog across the bridge. It's almost a mile and a half across and yields me lots of magikarp and psyduck. Occasionally, I'll get a Dratini. I am told the zoo has lots of yield and tons of pokestops. The way I hit pokestops is on the way to work and back I may pass a dozen of them each way, and I spin them as I drive by as long as I can go under 40mph.

I have not played any gyms yet.

I seriously hope to hear from you that are playing...battle strategies, exciting encounters, and if you've allowed yourself to spend any money to stay ahead of friends and family (like I have).

Old 08-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Pokémon GO!

Hey look, Larry's old now!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Pokémon GO!

I tried to get into Pokemon Go. I really did. But my phone isn't good enough to be able to properly cope with it and my workplace is a natural non-spawn area. They also opted out once that became an option, just in case. As a result I fell far behind all the people I knew who played it, so gave up as it wasn't working anyway.

My housemates are mad for it though. They'll go on trips every couple of nights to go and catch new Pokemon. I think they've spent money on it too.

I miss the mechanics of normal Pokemon, Pokemon Go doesn't feel enough like a normal Pokemon game for me to get into it.

It's getting people out of the house, though, which is a plus.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote