Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2000, 02:00 PM   #1
Gerry

Hi there. I have been playing BG2 for about 3 weeks with a friend with multiplayer and we have run up against a bit of a wall. When we first visited the Copper Coronet we turned down Nalia's offer to join the party, but did take her up on the plea for help at her family hold. We have the quest in our journals, it said our map was updated, and she disappeared and agreed to meet us there, however, it turns out (discovered after playing a solo game where i did pick her up) that the world map never was updated with the location of the de'Arnise Hold. It was kind of silly, but I thought at the time it was part of the Umar Hills or the Area where the Dryad quest lay. I guess there were too many updates to the world map and I never noticed it wasn't updated. Anyway, to make a long story even longer, My buddy and I have put in about 25 hours further than this point in the game and want to know if there is any other character who might reveal the location of the hold so we can get there, or if there is a relatively safe way to edit the game to reveal this area for us to visit it. It's a damn shame because having completed it with a solo game I found it to be fun, relatively easy, and certainly rewarding. Another problem is that we never got the travelling interruption that occurs while en route to the hold that leads to the Harper's quest. And I understand there are furhter issues involving Nalia later in the game, all of which appear to be closed off at this point.

Thanks for any help or suggestions (and going back to an earlier saved game is not high on my list, even if I could find one that was appropriate)

Gerry

Old 11-21-2000, 05:58 PM   #2
Suul-Yinn

No, unfortunately only Nalia reveals the Keep and she waits for you there until you arrive, unless she joins you. Other people have reported this bug, but I haven't seen a solution. Sorry!

Old 11-21-2000, 06:12 PM   #3
Gerry

Thank you. Hope this one is fixed in the upcoming patch this week.