Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Anyone here ever been banned from ANYTHING? (sports, MMORPGS, forums ;0) I've currently been banned from Everquest for a grand total of a week for sounding off to a GM about his umm.. service to the game world (and his lineage but that's a minor detail)
Old 06-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

umm honestly, no, of course I would have to have tried to participate first
Old 06-09-2004, 01:26 PM   #3
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Um, I got kicked out of my school library a couple of years ago?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sounding off, hmmm? LOL

I'd have said no, but then I recalled the only place I was ever banned but didn't even know it since I'd left the place a few months before it happened. It was a small forum that disappeared several years ago, not long after I left.

The admin had some serious personal problems at the time and started assuming everyone on her site disliked her if they didn't loudly support everything she did, especially during some forum wars she got involved in. She was claiming other sites stole her ideas because they used similar software or forum topics.

People were being banned there so often you needed a scorecard to keep up. And often, like myself, they never knew they'd been banned or why because they'd left the site ages beforehand. I found out when someone else told me about it!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

double post.. just telling cuz you might be banned [img]tongue.gif[/img] . . just kidding

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I deleted the duplicate thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Banned? Not that I remember, but I've been kicked out a few times.

Happened over two years ago, was in a multiplayer game called Starsiege, one of those old style games. Was in a particular clan called The Agency, which not a whole lot of people liked but I didn't think they were that bad. Anyway, during a scurmish against another clan, my game always lagged really bad because I had 56k, and I couldn't see the commands, so the clan leader got pissed and threw me out. He had a bad temper, even for an ex-marine [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Happened in another clan too, for some reason I always got thrown out by old guys that didn't like my 'care-free' attitude, no offense to older people here of course
Old 06-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

WAY back in 1990 and 1991 I was kicked off of that old Online Service called Prodigy. They were strict, and I told someone off in the 90210 forum. LOL.. The BB's 'star trek' and '90210' were always at each other, and I told them to stop it (in a harsh way) , I was 16 then, what can I say. But I got back on with another account and we had a LONG standing Bulletin Board area called "Slash & Lord Murdok's CRPG's" and we were playing through such games as Eye of the Beholder series, Goldbox games... stuff like that. [img]smile.gif[/img] When Prodigy went to a pay per hour service, we all left in 1993. Before the internet (well, before the public internet). And I used Ziroc WAY back then too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Don't laugh, when I was newly appointed mod in a forum some time ago. I accidentally press the ban button and banned myself from the forum. very very embarassing.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #10
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Once, from one of the EzBoards. I still don't know why I was the moderator one minute and banned the other. I wrote to the owner has never received any reply.

Months later I heard that the board was close down by EzBoard because the owner has commited fraud by using counterfeit credit cards to pay for the boards and etc. Still don't have a clue why am I being banned but the owner was probably in a bigger mess than I am.