Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I accidentally attacked a Higardi. I checked and it says the Higardi are HOSTILE to me. Myle left.
Not good.
How can I correct this? I don't wish to get slughtered in Arnika.

Thanks
How786
how786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
xfactor
Dungeon Master

I don't think you can alter your faction rating in a positive way except through very specific ways set out in the game.

It's a lot easier to annoy a particular faction than it is to get back into their good books. Unfortunately I think you're stuck as hostile from now on, unless it goes back to neutral or friendly after a set length of time.

xfactor
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Duh....methinks I must resart the whole game then! I'll never survive in Arnika as a hostile. It's really upsetting that there is no good way to regain a favorable standing once one goes Hostile.
How786

[ 04-21-2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: how786 ]
Old 04-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
babar
Manshoon

I don't know if it will work, but have you tried putting the fellowship pass in the cursor and clicking on braffit with it?

well if all else falls KILL THEM ALL!
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

If you're not playing an Iron Man game, you might want to rethink your save game strategy. [img]smile.gif[/img] Depending just on quick saves, for example, is just as dangerous in Wiz 8 as it is in most other RPGs. Make periodic named (non-quick) saves, so you can go back to them when (not if!) you get in a jam like this.

Save early, save often: standard RPG advice, and it's saved my bacon more times than I care to think about. I hate it when I have to start over from an old save game, but not nearly as much as I hate starting the whole game over from scratch because I goofed up or got clobbered by a game bug.

And if you are playing an Iron Man game, restarting when things go wrong is one of the joys of Iron Man mode!
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:21 AM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
And if you are playing an Iron Man game, restarting when things go wrong is one of the joys of Iron Man mode!
Nope. Only restart if you are dead. In one of my games, the trynnies somehow got mad. Well, the only game where i killed them all. Why not? Why restart? In another game, i had to kill the umpani (after one umpani hit another one - critical hit - and then they attacked me).

In the original posters case, if playing ironman, he should have tried to leave the city without killing a partol. In this case, only this group is hostile, but the faction rating is not affected. When he comes back a few days later, he might be lucky that this group might is gone, and he will have peace again.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:47 AM   #7
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the advice guys!
How786