Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 06:01 PM   #1
Leofric the Unsteady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just noticed that my main character (a monk, I think they are terrific)still has the 5 tears of Bhaal in his backpack. I last saw them before the Irenicus finale in SoA and thought I had placed them in the sockets of the final gateway. This made me wonder if I really had imported the final save from SoA to start ToB, but I also have the thingummy of the Seldarine which you get from the nice lady as thanks for saving the world, so I must have done the right thing. Do I need to keep the tears ? They are cluttering up my backpack and I will drop them unless they have a future purpose. I do know that, with Bioware, almost everything has a reason.
Thanks for your attention.
Leofric the Unsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 06:03 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

IF you imported from your final save you don't get any of the abilities you would gain from the tears.
I suggest that you replay the final battle of SoA and then move to ToB.
Trust me those abilities are worth it!

[ 05-29-2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Helspanth ]
Old 05-29-2002, 06:09 PM   #3
Leofric the Unsteady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thankyou, Helspanth. Do I just go back to a late savegame in SoA, and will ToB then follow straight on - presumably after the final cutscene - or do i have to reinstall ToB ?
Old 05-29-2002, 06:13 PM   #4
Helspanth
Quintesson

Hey no problem!Glad to help!
You replay the final battle and then ToB begins smoothly.
Hmmm.
Now that I think of it if you don't want to fight Irenicus again you can try and save AFTER you have placed the tears but BEFORE I renicus appears.
Then import from that save!
Old 05-30-2002, 05:17 AM   #5
Leofric the Unsteady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know this is wise and sensible advice and I am pretty sure it would work. Unfortunately it feels a bit like telling Charles I to have his head cut off all over again. I only finished the final Irenicus battle 4 days ago and it took 5 re-loads,the total eradication of Valygar, the skin of my teeth and 60 percent of my sanity. So I dread having to do it again.Irenicus rushes out without allowing a pause once the tears are in place. Anyway, why do I have the green necklace ? Surely this means that the save I used occurred (automatically) *after* the battle, and hence after the tears had been placed.Of course, I can`t remember exactly which save it was - either an auto-save or a quicksave, I think. These saves have now vanished anyway - I can only find the relatively new ToB saves indexed.But don`t think me ungrateful - the adv ice helped a lot.
Leo
Old 05-30-2002, 07:52 AM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Ah taking on Irenicus isn't so bad. Just deal with the demons; summon ur own if u like. I actually geared up my two mages 'aerie' and 'immy'(Imeon) with 'time stop' and cast lower lvl spells on Jon; he got really annoyed when his spells didnt work, and started calling me names... like 'gnat'. Then my ranger stuck his sword in Jon a few times, with J(jaheria) and Minsc backing him up. Ameon was just standing around for the hell of it, occationally casting 'holy smite'. How did your battle go? 60% of your sanity gone? wow, sounds bad, anyway good luck facing Jon again.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 05:05 AM   #7
Melle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the amulet automatically appears when you start ToB, no matter what.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
Helspanth
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Melle:
I think the amulet automatically appears when you start ToB, no matter what.
Yep!It does appear no matter what!
Old 06-01-2002, 02:19 PM   #9
Leofric the Unsteady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My excuses ran out last night ! Melle and Helspanth both pointed out that the green amulet comes automatically with the start of ToB, and is not evidence that I got right to the end of SoA. I then found that the saves from SoA were (not surprisingly) all saved under the heading "Shadows of Amn" that comes as an alternative to the saves in ToB. So I did the decent thing, went back, fought rotten old Irenicus all over again, and restarted ToB as a seamless continuation to the SoA ending. I`ve collected Sarevok again, have no tears in my backpack and have collected those valuable stats from placing the tears.The Irenicus battle wasn`t so bad - I took out the demons first and then had Jaheira rush around healing everyone and simply had everyone else belt JI ceaselessly. It worked. So much for subtlety ! Leo