Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I need to figure out how to make the best builds for the following categories:

Rogue/Wizard (for my favoured online RP character)
(might be Ro/Wi/Fighter or Ro/Wi/Assassin or Ro/Wi/Weaponmaster)
Fighter/Wizard (for my other favourite online RP character)
Monk/Cleric (as I may attempt to build Kwai Chang Kaine)
Fighter/Wizard? (looking to recreate Darth Vader)...
(that one might be better as Cleric/Blackguard or something to that effect though)
Monk/Sorcerer/Fighter (looking to build a better Darth Maul as well)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Could you give us some information on magic items, level and intended enemy?

For example, in a world with almost no magic items, it pays to concentrate on casting ability. In a world where you can be immune to everything and the kitchen sink through items, that becomes far less important. You'd fight another player's rogue character utterly differently from how you would an NPC skeletal wizard. At level 5, your priorities are much different from level 40. Fighting a group of enemies is not the same as fighting a single one. These and other things do matter when determining the 'best' build.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I would say all-purpose usage. I am thinking of trying to recreate these characters when going through the original campaign, so base anything you can dream up on surviving Ziroc's module [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] - except without requiring the Uber-Powerful magical items. I just need the basics on what the best paths to take are when creating them. Magical items tend to fall into place after that. Recommended items to find in terms of categories (necklaces, short swords, rings, et cetera) would also be very helpful.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Rogue/Wizards are ok because they get a TON of skill points. You can go two routes with this one.

1. Go with a Elf and pump DEX and INT. This will give you loads of skill points and a decent AB and spells. If you go 20 rogue/20 wizard you can be a jack of all trades. Go Rogue 30/Wiz 10 to be a rogue with some powers to supplement your abilities (invisability spells etc)

2. Never really liked Fighter/Wizards as you need to many feats to be able to cast in Armour.

3. Monk/Clerics are great as the Cleric spells boost your AB and they both benifit from a High Wizdom. Pump your Wisdom and DEX for these builds and get some decent Gloves.

4. See 2.

5. I wouldn't bother with this build because unless you keep all the classes close together you will be hit with a 20% XP penality.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Rogue/Wizard (for my favoured online RP character)
(might be Ro/Wi/Fighter or Ro/Wi/Assassin or Ro/Wi/Weaponmaster)
=============================================

Well, you have seen this character already. I just was constructing him haphazardly, and did not really focus on either the roleplaying aspects of the character, nor the maximizing of his destructive capabilities. Taking note I never did purchase the "Create Wands" Feat and I DID take the "Martial Weapons" Feat, I should have learned how to use the rogue's special abilities better. In some ways, this would have been the "perfect Dark Jedi" build if I had only focused on one or the others - especially with all the weapons in my arsenal now. *guffaws!*
(human builds only for this one)

Fighter/Wizard (for my other favourite online RP character)
=================================================

This is for a demonic/possessed character build. More than likely I would have to take levels in either Blackguard or Pale Master to truly make him accurate to what I was looking for. Depending on what clerics can and cannot do, I may attempt to recreate him as a Cleric/Wizard with a few levels in something known for breaking bones.
(human or technically half-elf builds for him)

Monk/Cleric (as I may attempt to build Kwai Chang Kaine)

Come on, who wouldn't want to use Kwai Chang Caine in a street fight? He almost always wins! That would definitely be a mid Stregnth/Dexterity build with high Wisdom and a few strong doses of Charisma as well. Using NeverWinter Nights WITHOUT dipping into an editor would make him a little weaker than I think he ought be at first, but there are many roads to take with him. More than likely he would be more Monk than Cleric - the cleric levels would be for bonuses against spells and access to healing magics if nothing else.
(obviously human build)

Fighter/Wizard? (looking to recreate Darth Vader)...
(that one might be better as Cleric/Blackguard or something to that effect though)

How hard would it be to get Cleric/Wizard/Blackguard for him? I need to try to achieve the maximum amount of magical effects for him without sacrificing his ability to nail people to walls. To be honest, the BEST chance I would have would be to use a full elf build and use the FAT phenotype (if I was not using LETO to edit his figure) to give him all the bonuses (especially free Longsword).

Monk/Sorcerer/Fighter (looking to build a better Darth Maul as well)

There is already a Darth Maul build on http://nwvault.ign.com . Seriously. First build I ever downloaded. Still have him to! For those days I just want to go mental and whup everything. I figured I should give him Sorcerer levels to cast magic of his own, instead of him possessing a terrfying collection of scrolls and wands to make up for it.

And where is there no "Bigby's Pimpslap of Doom" or "Mordenkainen's Pitchfork of Puissance" spells? You know they made them, but where did they hide them?!?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
dominions
Elminster

Not quite what you requested, but have you tried a Dwarven Fighter/Weapon Master versed in Dwarven Waraxe. Kicks the preverbial [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I screwed up with my Frank Castle build. I should have given him seven solid levels in Ranger first, and then put the rest into Fighter. Oh well, I will let you know how the Fighter/Ranger classed character goes. I may end up having him deleted and reworking him from Level one...
Old 03-19-2005, 12:57 AM   #8
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

What about a Wizard/Archer build? I guess it can work a bit like the Wizard/Rogue, but adding on Arcane Archer may be interesting...