Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #61
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
I did the stupidest thing today while scraping snow of the car. I started the car, went outside and scraped most of the snow off with the scraper, then opened the door and put the window wipers on. Imagine ---- snow comes into the car, all over the place. Not my cleverest moment.

Violet - It was an instrumental jazz concert, with a special appearance from singer ..(forgotten name, I'l have to look that up)..

As for the course - it is a course which has a lot of rhythm etc. in it I think. I play trumpet (5 & a half years) and guitar (2 years) and can use them both in Jazz, which is pretty cool. Also play a little bit of drums too, but never got lessons or anything.
LOL about the snow incident. Luckily I have no recent vehicular snafus to brag about although I did end up in traffic today behind a person who I would swear was only put on earth to torture me this morning! Two car lengths ahead of me, not doing the speed limit, not taking off at red lights and changing lanes in sync with me every time I tried to make a break for it lol! It lasted for almost ten miles. I have family members who play both the guitar (flamenco mostly) and drums so I have some bias in appreciating both instruments . My weakness is tenor sax...so sweet a sound to my ears...ahhhh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Oh, yeah, there was a lot of blood but now it is just a rapidly-disappearing scab marring my noble forehead.

Rapidly disapearing is a good thing! I am glad you are OK! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I got your PM - thank you!

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Morning Everyone!

So far it's been a fairly good day here (in spite of the above mentioned demonic driver lol). Nice weather, the birds are all out in pairs...sweet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I forgot to mention how "I" fixed my sig...I just e-mailed it to Gwen and she resized it for me and sent it back (she thinks I should seek help over my fear of dreads lol). I saved myself a shopping trip and a "graphic" learning experience hehe...well, maybe some other day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*Late Edit - the "lovestory" smilie ended up different than the one the graphics library showed. I snitched on it LOL.

[ 03-04-2005, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:40 PM   #62
philip
Galvatron

Well I slept 1.5 hours today and since I had free time I was kind of tired. Now I'll go to a party in a few hours. It's been snowing some hours now and it isn't supposed to stop. Will be interesting cycling home after the party
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #63
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
Good morning.
March has come in like a lamb in the desert this morning - sunny with temps in the low 70's. I'd rather have the rain the first week of March than the last but alas, it is not to be. It's going to be a beautiful week.

Catching up since I was here last -

Cloudbringer, I didn't mean to ignore your comment about how nice it was of Gwen to go back home to help her daughter. Either one of us would drop our lives if the health and welfare of our children or grandchildren were at stake. (Of course, neither one of my daughters better call to inform me of my impending grandmotherhood until they are out of college LOL! Nonetheless, if they end up in any trouble, I'd be there)

Oops, almost missed this one! So how many children do you have, Violet? Sounds like at least two girls in college, whoo! I have a friend who was saying the other day how much it's costing to put her first child through his first year of college.

The dessert sounds very pretty this time of year! What part of AZ are you in again? I think you said someplace near Tuscon? [img]smile.gif[/img] Sounds very 'deserty' to me!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #64
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Heya guys, I am not so good

We were playing football (soccer) in a gym we booked, and it was my turn in goal. My mate had a shot, and I saved it with my hands (as you do), but I think it's sprained my wrist. I couldn't put any weight on it, and it's hard running around a gym for an hour (this was at the start of our booked hour) holding your wrist. It wore off a bit, but then I was pushed over as I'm not the strongest and landed on my wrist. Great! To top it all off I ran to goal, shot, and couldn't stop before I hit the wall. Once again I put my hands there to stop me hitting it full on. OW!

On a good note, I haven't walked into any more lamp posts after 'the incident' [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 03-04-2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 PM   #65
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yay it's Friday and I'm off of work!

Cloudy, not as much of an electrical source today LOL, guess the over conditioning worked!

Violet, I have a ZILLION cardinals in our back yard, so spring must be on its way! They look so pretty too up against the snow [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ivelliis, you should take it easy for a few days, hopefully it wasn't too bad of a sprain. Congrats though on lamp post avoidance! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #66
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

to quote an old song

"Hello it's me. I've been around for a long long time."
Old 03-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #67
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
to quote an old song

"Hello it's me. I've been around for a long long time."
Flamin' hell its everyones fave lab assistant

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Hello Antryg! good to see you back in these parts

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #68
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hi, antryg, good to see you over here.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #69
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Oops, almost missed this one! So how many children do you have, Violet? Sounds like at least two girls in college, whoo! I have a friend who was saying the other day how much it's costing to put her first child through his first year of college.

The dessert sounds very pretty this time of year! What part of AZ are you in again? I think you said someplace near Tuscon? [img]smile.gif[/img] Sounds very 'deserty' to me!
I have three, one boy and two girls and they are all in college (24, 23 and 21 years old). The costs that any one of them hits us up for is pretty steep - multiply that times 3 and you can imagine how easily I kiss my money away some days lol. My son is graduating this spring though but has already decided to "take the next year off to decide if he wants to continue with higher degrees or start settling down" (we know he just needs a break from school and life after 4 long years [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) Not a problem for any of us unless he does nothing come next spring [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
We do live in Tucson, half the year anyway. I am trying to get Steve to consider the desert year-round. In another 2 years I am going to push him to keep his promise to himself to retire at 45 - just stay here - play golf all day (on the nice days at least hehe).
This is one of the most beautiful cities on the planet, without a doubt.

Ivelliis,
Ouch, Ow and Awwwwww! Wrap that thing up, tie it down and leave it alone for the next three days, it should be OK. The hardest rule to break with sprains is not using them - tying it down will help [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

ladyzekke,
I am happy that you are getting into your weekend. [img]smile.gif[/img] 9-5's can be a drag after a while, huh? And a good hair day to boot! You go girl!
I do love cardinals! They are especially beautiful against snowy backdrops. I had a hummingbird get in my face today. I'm not sure if it was begging or just saying hello LOL but it was an interesting experience!

Kakero,
I do hope you are seeking medical help with your tummy ache! It sounds like something serious!
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #70
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I so love hummingbirds. Thing is I cannot use those hummingbird feeders that you hang from tree limbs, cause the dang squirrels chew the rope and it falls to the ground. Grrrr. I love squirrels, feed them too, which really irks me cause they are already some fat bastaids cause of me, why go for some syrupy goo you don't want anyways!! Again, grrr. I'd so love to attract humming birds to my back yard. Don't they love the color red? Can you plant a ton of red flowers and possibly attract them, or does it have to be a certain kind of plant they can feed from?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote