Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #21
Daryl Leckie
Welcomed New User

In the USA it is ok to eat raw egg the chance to get sink is low because the chicken here have very stick diet to control this plus I think the go throw a process where they are heated to kill virus and bacitera (sorry bad speller) but, do not quote me I am not sure.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #22
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I wouldn't ever advise anyone to eat raw eggs. The risk of salmonella is present no matter where in the world you live, and believe me, being struck with salmonella is ugly enough that you don't ever wanna take the chance. Heat them up to at least 70 degrees celsius (both boiled and fried eggs are safe, as long as no part of the egg is still runny).

I'd like to point out that it is nothing short of a myth that eating eggs, even a lot of them, can lead to dangerous cholesterol levels. Consuming large amounts of saturated fat is the primary cause behind high cholesterol levels, and eggs contain primarily unsaturated fats. Consuming large amounts of cholesterol simply means that your body will produce less, there's really no correlation between intake of cholesterol and dangerous cholesterol levels.

Though I'd advise against eating a lot of eggs in the morning, one or two is fine, but it has been shown that too much fat (which eggs have plenty of) in the morning has negative effects on insulin sensitivity for the rest of the day, which is bad for anyone, but especially for someone trying to build muscles.

[ 02-25-2005, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 02-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #23
Violet
Manshoon

My husband was unto body-building when he started to age and get flab.
He drank a raw egg every day for 6 months and never got sick. He doesn't have high cholesterol or heart trouble these days either.
I would be careful about over-consumption of proteins though. Medical fact: Proteins only build muscle in growing children. Protein in an adult diet in regard to muscles is for repair purposes only. Another medical fact: An overabundance of protein in any diet will tax the liver and kidneys causing damage and disease.
Get with a nutritionalist for the a diet best suited to your needs.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #24
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
My husband was unto body-building when he started to age and get flab.
He drank a raw egg every day for 6 months and never got sick. He doesn't have high cholesterol or heart trouble these days either.
I would be careful about over-consumption of proteins though. Medical fact: Proteins only build muscle in growing children. Protein in an adult diet in regard to muscles is for repair purposes only. Another medical fact: An overabundance of protein in any diet will tax the liver and kidneys causing damage and disease.
Get with a nutritionalist for the a diet best suited to your needs.
So what does an adult human body use to build muscle tissue then? Protein is the only macro nutrient that the human body can ever use to build muscle tissue, regardless of whether you're 8 months or 80 years old. However you're right in that over-consumption of protein can only have negative effects.

[ 02-25-2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 02-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #25
Violet
Manshoon

Muscles in the adult body are as "built" as they are going to get. Working out and exercise makes them larger and stronger but the larger part is not literally constructed by proteins as in growing children but rather "built-up".

Lack of exercise will make muscles smaller, weaker but nonetheless, they are constructed of the same tissues that they were when they were larger and stronger.

Proteins = muscle repair not construction in an adult.
Someone who is body building will need slightly more protein in their diet to boost the repair required by larger and stronger muscles (working muscles need energy to function, functioning muscles need constant repair) but an overabundance can be very harmful. That is why I suggest a nutritionalist (or dietician) for specifics because we are all different. What may be necessary for your body might be toxic inadequate to mine.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 02-26-2005, 02:53 AM   #26
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Nothing disgusting about eating raw eggs, although they are much better when you actually have food to dip in 'em! I suppose my outlook might by slightly coloured by my location though [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2005, 04:33 AM   #27
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
[QB] Muscles in the adult body are as "built" as they are going to get. Working out and exercise makes them larger and stronger but the larger part is not literally constructed by proteins as in growing children but rather "built-up".
I don't see the difference between "built-up" and constructed. The bodys natural muscle growth is finished in adult bodies, which is why it takes heavy weight training and an energy surplus to manipulate it into growing more muscles, but the actual process of building muscle tissue doesn't differ in growing and adult bodies. The only way a muscle can get larger (well besides loading it with glycogen or water) is when the body builds additional muscle tissue, a process which is simply impossible without proteins. Proteins is the building block for our bodies, it's simply a physiological fact that muscle tissue cannot be created and lean muscle mass cannot be increased without proteins. It's like saying you could build a brick house without bricks, or expand upon an existing one without bricks.

Quote:
Proteins = muscle repair not construction in an adult.
If you think that proteins cannot be used to create additional muscle tissue, I must ask you what you think it is the body uses as a building block when you expand your muscle mass through weight training?

[ 02-26-2005, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #28
Violet
Manshoon

Strengthened ("built-up") muscle is bigger than weakened muscle.
Go get the textbooks on clinical and biological nutrition if you need scientific proof of what I am saying about proteins and muscle building and repair.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #29
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
What is the benefit in eating them raw over cooking them?
Old 02-26-2005, 08:08 PM   #30
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Violet, why do you insist upon saying there's a difference between "constructed by proteins" and "built-up"? A muscle cannot grow to become either larger or stronger unless additional muscle tissue is being created, tissue that can only be created with protein amino acids as building blocks. This process of the body constructing muscle tissue from proteins is what happens both in growing children and in weight lifters. What you say about proteins being used to "repair" muscles is in a sense true since the decomposition and reconstruction of our muscles is a continuous process, and the primary use of proteins is in this process, but they are also used by the body to create additional muscle tissue when the body sees it fit to expand upon it's muscle mass.

[ 02-26-2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]