Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-23-2004, 06:02 PM   #21
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
We have medicinal marihuana here, but it's totally unnecessary imho. It's true that people with chronic headaches have benefits from smoking a joint, but even though i don't know any such person, i can hardly imagine that they go through all the trouble of going to a doctor with some heartbreaking story, get him to write you a prescription notice, then go to an apothecry, and go stand in line and wait for your bag of (crappy) Maryjane, while all he has to do is walk out the door, find the nearest coffeeshop (they're never far away in the Netherlands), get the best weed on the market for only a few €, and smoke his headache to smithereens in one of those lazy leather couches along the wall.
I would. It is illegal here and other countries, ya know? Tread lightly johnny, I am a prime candidate for medmary, and you are offensive with your tone about "some heartbreaking story"

[ 09-23-2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 09-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #22
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Yeah, and if I really wanted to, I could get some in a few weeks, since my neighbour's cousin knows someone's uncle who supposedly lives just accross the street from someone whose great-aunt owns a whaccy baccy plantation!

Sorry, I'm done, I promise. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
What was the point of that? Can you provide facts?

Old 09-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
We have medicinal marihuana here, but it's totally unnecessary imho. It's true that people with chronic headaches have benefits from smoking a joint, but even though i don't know any such person, i can hardly imagine that they go through all the trouble of going to a doctor with some heartbreaking story, get him to write you a prescription notice, then go to an apothecry, and go stand in line and wait for your bag of (crappy) Maryjane, while all he has to do is walk out the door, find the nearest coffeeshop (they're never far away in the Netherlands), get the best weed on the market for only a few €, and smoke his headache to smithereens in one of those lazy leather couches along the wall.
I would. It is illegal here and other countries, ya know? Tread lightly johnny, I am a prime candidate for medmary, and you are offensive with your tone about "some heartbreaking story" [/QUOTE]I was talking about the Netherlands dude, not about the US. Surely i can understand why you would go through all that trouble, but you wouldn't do that either if you lived right here.

And if you're THAT easily offended, well sorry, but that's not my problem.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #24
LordKathen

Well, actually you started with saying "We have medicinal marihuana here, but it's totally unnecessary imho."
This tells me you are impying areas that are not legal, that its not necessary. And you state that you know of no one with this problem, and then describe an example of someone going to the "trouble of...".
I know you meant no offense to me, but that is the attitude of most of the government and medical field here, is its just some heartbreaking story. I have an example for you, take a low voltage cattle prod, stick it in your head, right in the middle, then tell me what kind of trouble you would go through to stop it. Oh wait, you cant stop it, you can just cope with your "heartbreaking" story, and the break the law.
Yes I am THAT sensitive to it, and it IS my problem. So, what.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You didn't understand me well then, i meant it's not necessary HERE in the Netherlands, because of all the opportunities to get it much easier.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #26
LordKathen

I was just talking about this with Lady Aberdene, and she pointed out the same thing you just said. I am sorry for taking that out of context.
I think what iced it for me was the "some heartbreaking story" comment. I am sure you dont mean to offend my story or anyone elses story for that matter. I am sorry, just grumpy I guess... Bygons?
Old 09-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
I was just talking about this with Lady Aberdene, and she pointed out the same thing you just said. I am sorry for taking that out of context.
I think what iced it for me was the "some heartbreaking story" comment. I am sure you dont mean to offend my story or anyone elses story for that matter. I am sorry, just grumpy I guess... Bygons?
Sure, no probs. The "heartbreaking story" was in a manner of "why the hell would i go to the docter, tell him how much i'm hurting, while all i have to do is walk down the street, and get some without an explanation to anyone", a bit cynical as you may notice, but only because i think "medweed" is totally unnecessary here, because noone bothers going to a doc, and i'm assuming neither would you if you lived down here. Let me tell you this.... some shops are in the yellow pages, you give them a call, and they come by your house, kinda like a pizzadelivery. Would you still go see a doc with so many other options ?
Old 09-23-2004, 07:00 PM   #28
LordKathen

Absolutely! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Absolutely! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Why ?
Old 09-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #30
LordKathen

Um, sorry, I was distracted by the gibbs when I replied. I meant I would love having a delivery guy like that, and be legal.