Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

http://www.guildwars.com

Go to the above link to get all the imformation on Guild Wars.
ARENANET and NCSOFT Free online Gaming. This weekend if you have pre-ordered by friday Jan 7, 2005 you can play on the last Beta Weekend and get a head start on everyone else. Jan 7th, 8th, and 9th is suspose to be the last beta weekend and then Feburary 2005 it hits the stores. I down loaded the game the other day when I got my free invite to play the weekend beta . The graphics are better than Morrowind and as good if not better than Far Cry. you won't believe it until you see it.
They are calling it an RPG with Monsters,Missions,& Mayhem 24/7 with no waiting ever.
You log in upload your file and start playing.

GW Will reward Player Skill,not hours played.
If you don't play for a couple of weeks you don't loose track of your team you just meet them at your guild hall and then teem up 8 members and head out the gates to fight everything outside the gate that isn't on your team or join forces with other teams and go steal a Dragons Treasure or lay waist to another guild.

No Subscription fee.

We need to start our own Guild and set up 8 man & women teams, then get together here and set up our guild teem leaders and game playtimes.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I just found out about GW. So I can't wait until it comes here so I can buy and play it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Seems interesting. I may get this. Definitely something to look into, anyways. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Finally, unlike existing MMOs, all characters in Guild Wars inhabit the same virtual world -- they are not divided onto different servers or shards -- so players can always team up with or compete against any other player in the world.
Awesome! so which mean I can actually meet some of you in the game. Cool, I might give this a try.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #5
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm, I'm thinking of trying this. How much is the game and will it slow down my computer after i play?
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
Hmm, I'm thinking of trying this. How much is the game and will it slow down my computer after i play?
It won't slow down your computer any more than playing any other video game would.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:34 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The unoffical realese date is feb 5th
all the Game Stop and EA game stores have the release date as march 4th. So I'm not sure whem the game comes out other than to say soon.

The Game cost $49.95 U.S.
you need a pent III 850MB MIN Processor with at least an ATI 7500 video card or equivalint.

You can play on Dial up,DSL, or Cable and with hundreds of thousands of people at the same time with no lag to speek of. At least not the kind of lag you may be have had with other MMORPG's. an example is in the next paragraph.

This past weekend I played the Free weekend Beta for all three days. It was totaly the best on line gaming experence I have ever had. I am on high speed cable and on my teem two of the people were on dial up and the other was on DSL. We did 15 different quests together as a teem and the only lag was when we would transport from one Quest Area to another Dial up members would take maybe 15 to 20 seconds longer to get to the starting points in each quest. Once in an area (which each quest is in its on Giant area)We all battled against the bad guys called the char as if we all were on High speed internet. Other than arriveing 20 seconds before the dial up people there was no other lag ever. We fought together as a team every second of every quest and with the super easy chat system we could talk to each other and no other team could read what we were telling each other. It was unbelievable you just have to have been there to believe it.
I Got the pre-order game box. Now the first weekend of each month, until the game comes out I will be able to play for free on the beta game test weekends. If you get the pre-order box you will be able to play the beta Weekends also. which mean's only one more Beta weekend before the game release on march 4th 2005. BUT there is a rumor that the people that have the pre-ordered Game box will also be able to play 24/7 starting the last week in feburary one week before the offical game hits the stores, But as I said it is a rumor. Now for a fact anybody with a pre-ordered game box will get a special high powered weapon and armor that people that wait until release will never be able to receive.
so Buy the pre-order box if you can find them you won't regret it.

P.S I played WOW all day today at my buddys house and it just isn't anywhere near as good a game. That's my opinion of the two games and now I'm jonesing for Guild Wars.

[ 01-11-2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-12-2005, 04:43 AM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I was all for WoW. Then I heard this was coming out. Now I'm all for this, and this game I WILL get, I WILL play and I WILL be a part of the IW clan. Just looks so damn good...
Old 01-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

WOW is awesome as well Bozos! You MUST try it! It's an amazingly fun game!

In time, I may try out Guild Wars as well, and it's free online (Until they patch it, then it costs money for the patch). But it seems really cool too--graphics are on par with WoW, some of the same artists from WoW did GW too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The patch system is all ready inplace. when they upgrade or patch the game there is nothing to download and un-zip they send an on line message to every one while your in the game asking you to shut the game off and then log back in and the newest upgrade or patch will be in place when you log back in, or if they add a patch or a hundred patches while your off line and at work then when you log in all patches are loaded when you log in automatic no waiting and no cost to the players.
The only cost is when you buy an upgrade when they come out and you can pick and choose which upgrade or should I say you can pick and chose which expansion you want to buy. Just because you don't buy an expansion doesn't stop you from playing all the other expansions you do want to buy.
This Game is way beyond anything you have ever played in your life. It is going to put the rest of the pay for use MMOGames to shame and I can say one thing It will change the computer gaming world For the better

[ 01-12-2005, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]