Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-09-2001, 05:28 PM   #21
Tancred
White Dragon

If you haven't read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, you won't know of Lord Foul - but I can tell you he is truly the personification of evil in my mind. Because he represents the dark, hateful sides of people, he can manipulate that part of them effortlessly by setting up traps and dilemmas that force a character to make choices; neither of which are a way out, as, slowly, the target is forced to turn his hand against that which he loves. This is a mind that carefully liad plans to ensure his demise would ensure his ultimate victory and despicably horrible revenge - even when his armies were crushing all resistance.

Tancred
Old 05-10-2001, 12:19 AM   #22
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
If you haven't read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, you won't know of Lord Foul - but I can tell you he is truly the personification of evil in my mind. Because he represents the dark, hateful sides of people, he can manipulate that part of them effortlessly by setting up traps and dilemmas that force a character to make choices; neither of which are a way out, as, slowly, the target is forced to turn his hand against that which he loves. This is a mind that carefully liad plans to ensure his demise would ensure his ultimate victory and despicably horrible revenge - even when his armies were crushing all resistance.

Tancred
yes i agree. At least your typical evil guy will give people a figthing chance to resist him. But Lord Foul makes people despair fighting him and make them the tools of their own destructions. This was true of both the giants of seareach and the Blooodguard who ultimatly were betrayed by their vow. And Covenant was forced into dire straights with the threat that his power could be used to destroy the land making him fearing using it and therefore overcome lord foul. He is the avatar of true evil in the Land.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-10-2001, 05:54 AM   #23
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

bump

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-10-2001, 02:54 PM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

Maybe this is too far offtopic, but what about Richard III? Who of you considers him evil? (I'd be very interested to know what the general opinion about this is)

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-10-2001, 03:41 PM   #25
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Today, My art teacher scolded me for not using a paintbrush properly! So therefore I brandish him evil and cruel.

He is a evil wicked man who should be roasted with pit fiend droppings.

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-10-2001, 05:15 PM   #26
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
Today, My art teacher scolded me for not using a paintbrush properly! So therefore I brandish him evil and cruel.

Man!
How can they tell you something like that???

I mean a paintbrush is a tool for you.. right, it is supposed to be used however you want to get it to perform what you wish to accomplish!

Ever listened to Meatloaf??

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-10-2001, 06:52 PM   #27
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Man!
How can they tell you something like that???

I mean a paintbrush is a tool for you.. right, it is supposed to be used however you want to get it to perform what you wish to accomplish!

Ever listened to Meatloaf??
Not much - I've heard one of their songs titled "I would do anything for love" but not many people have recommended it: Can you recommend me some? Would love to hear some new music!

Oh yeah, just in case you were wondering - it's one if those paintbrushes that can only be wielded with a body mass of less than 40kgs. The damn thing is thinner than a chopstick and it is twice as brittle.

Apparently you're right, the college shouldn't allow measly thin paintbrushes, they should buy the thick ones my Dad uses to whip the stockroom walls - "BOY THEY ARE "T-H-I-C-K",

Uh......er...they do make good toothpicks - not that I've tried, lol!

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-10-2001, 09:14 PM   #28
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:

Why that dirty bugger!!

Let's all gang up on him and force him to try and recreate the Mona Lisa with one of those wide foam brushes.

Oops! Did I actually write that!

(Note to self: Somethings are better left unarticulated.)
Old 05-11-2001, 09:12 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:

Well meatloaf isn´t one of the greatest, he has some good texts though.

Ever listened to TOOL? I have just got them on my head now. They´re great.

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-11-2001, 09:20 AM   #30
Sir_Tainly

Just been sent a link to this by one of my colleagues, would you say this was evil?

http://www.gunsforkids.com

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger