Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #11
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would say go with longswords for dual wielding.
I don't think you can put proficencie points in weapons classes once the second class exeeds the first one. You merely get your stuff back but the remainder of the game you'll be playing as a mage. So if you want to dual to a mage and dual wield long swords, put as much proficencie points in longswords and dual wield. When you dual at level 9, you should be able to put 5 stars in longswords and 2 in dual wield. Then if you dual to a mage, put your points in something else. I'm playing right now as a fighter dualed to a cleric and have 5 stars in warhammer and 2 in sword and shield style and am kicking myself for not putting them in dual wield. Bah, anyway, i do have a very low AC so it's not that bad.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #12
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

By the way what weapon class is the Crom Faeyr? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/1drowndead.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 06:46 PM   #13
Oz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there... just a piece of advice... Mage/Fighter bad idea. THe fighter will have all of the mage restrictions on wepons and can't cast magic with armor on and mages don't do so well at the forefront of the fighting because if they get hit their spells are lost. Many other things dual-class well with a mage however.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:48 PM   #14
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Crom Fayer is a warhammer and a figther dualed to a mage might be a bad idea but a kensai dualed to a mage is a totaly different thing.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #15
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Suppose you have a point there but with dual classed kensai to mage, a kensai cant wear armour anyway, and once at the level my dual classed mage can use the kensais swords again, and if the ac low enough with enough protection spells on him, he might just rarely be hit, (i hope). [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #16
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Oz:

It is a two-handed sword useable only by paladins

That's not the case.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I think you can continue adding prof points all the way. You can with Anomen so I assume everyone else can do it too. Fighters get six stars at the begginning right? I would recommend this combo myself:

Long Sword ** (and get the Daystar early on. By god that sword kicks a$$)
Katana ** (and use the Dakkon Zerth Blade. You have to have the add on items for that - but you can download them from somewhere I am sure)
Two Weapon Style **

When you go to a mage give them the prof point in sling (you don't get the option of adding it to your existing ones. You count as a mage until you get to one level higher than you dualled at, so no long swords or katanas for a while). You want to keep the char away from monsters where possible due to appalling ThAC0 so a missile weapon is a good idea.

When you have the fighter skills back keep adding to the above weapons. I recommend adding to Two Weapon Style first as otherwise you will consistantly miss everything with both weapons. The penalties to ThAC0 are quite large unless you have maxed out in this.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-23-2001, 06:52 PM   #18
Oz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:

That's not the case.

Lol i know, deleted the post...
Old 11-23-2001, 06:54 PM   #19
Oz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are a mage i don't think you can add more than one porf point into a wepon or wepon style... Maybe it's just me but i prefer non-dualclassed chars... they gain their respective skills far faster.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:56 PM   #20
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But then how about dual weilding kensai, with profiences in hammer flail, to be able to use the crom faeyr(if it is one handed- i hope it is!), and to be able to use the flail of ages +3 or +5,, then dual with the mage at level 9 or 13.! Juat a thought! [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]