Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 09:04 PM   #1
BLACK KNIGHT

Lady's and Gents, as you know, that dreaded day is around the corner. Looking for original, fun, and meaning for under $200.00 with the thought that I don't do jewelery unless it is for M m m m... mmmmaaarr . . . well, ya know what I mean. And I also don't do flowers for holidays or to say I'm sorry. (only for just because I love yous) Looking for ideas . . . anyone? Yes you in the back? Yes you may go to the restroom . . . anyone else have anything? Thanks

BK

Old 01-31-2001, 09:51 PM   #2
Talieson

I proposed on that special day.... Just a suggestion! Don't throw anything at me.

Old 01-31-2001, 09:59 PM   #3
Malla Gabriel

Forgive me for asking but what day is this?

Old 01-31-2001, 10:12 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Let's see, you are in Ohio. Any beautiful secluded parks around where you live? Howbout horticultural museums? I'm thinking surrounded by flowers and beautiful fragrances. If you aren't good with flowers, what about other scenic views in your area? Location is everything (especially if you can have privacy). If you dont' like that, a knock at her door with your heart in your hand on bended knee displaying a ring ought to do the trick. I know many women like to dress up and feel pretty in these situations, so keep that in mind. If she really loves you, it really doesn't matter what approach you take, you know.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:21 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, BK, I'm not sure everyone is following your intended path or maybe I've got it wrong. We are talking Valentine's day gift, right?

As for ideas, well it is hard, not knowing your ladylove at all! And you ruled out the two most popular items (jewelry and flowers).

Perhaps dinner and a show? Something else she likes to do a lot?

Ok, hope I'm somewhere in the ballpark!
Old 01-31-2001, 10:33 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes, Cloudbringer, maybe I am mistaken. I was trying to think what "mmmmaaarr" meant! Perhaps he did mean simply Valentines Day. If that is the case, I agree with your suggestion!
Old 01-31-2001, 10:35 PM   #7
Malla Gabriel

Ok i see, i may not be a girl but how about this, an artifical rose, with a message "because my love for you will never wither"

Old 01-31-2001, 10:36 PM   #8
turbovee
Elminster

Being married for a while I can tell you my wife loves it when I devote the day to taking care of her.

- I Spend the day walking around the beach or the park just talking making sure my full attention is on her (I try to control the wandering eye syndrome)
- I cook a candlelit dinner (I never cook so that's special to her and it shows that you made the effort instead of buying it)
- I clean the entire house (She usually does this because I work and go to school)
- I draw a bath with some exotic fragance soap from Bath and Body Works
- give her a complete body massage
- rent some romantic movie that she loves, but that I'll probably detest.

This usually costs me around a $100 dollars (Food,wine,movie,bath crap, and misc small stuff)but when the days over I get my reward
Old 01-31-2001, 10:42 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

turbovee, I'm in love

Seriously, BK, he's got the PERFECT gift idea, most women I know would love a day like the one turbovee just described.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:46 PM   #10
G.W.

You have $200. Get a ticket to NYC. (Or Chicago) Now you have all the advantages of NYC. Central Park, broadway shows, nightclubs, great restaurants... OK, it will be tough to keep it under $200 but it could be done... (hotel would be the think that pushes it over). Or how about going skiing somewhere?