Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-06-2001, 12:47 AM   #1
Ramon

Well, Memnoch, I have to agree, that's a classic.

Turin, do not worry too much about it, though. Firstly, you did excuse yourself quickly. Secondly, this one is truly a classic in more than one sense, unfortunately. The actual harm you did should thus be pretty minimal. But it should not be that way in the first place, if people would be more careful about spoiling.

I find the topic interesting, too.

My choice for best (meaning most valuable not favourite) npc is clearly Keldorn. What a surprise ! I have been advocating him on various threads for the last couple of days now. The reasons: good thaco, very good hit ponts, probably the best saving throws in the game, that combined with the magic resistance granted by the HA - before he got that I used him mainly with a crossbow, very effective also - but above all his superpowerful dispell magic, his truesight his very useful as well.

So long,

Ramon

Old 01-06-2001, 11:24 AM   #2
Turin_Mormegil

When you think about it both of the conventional "theif" skills can be simulated with low level spells. The thing that makes theifs so good are traps, and Yoshimo has the best trap setting abilities of any npc. His traps are just amazing. I took down a dragon with only traps. He can set 3 normal and 3 special traps per day. Those traps cant be resisted and they hit 100% of the time in my expereince. They also do aditional damage per round for a few rounds. At least the special ones. Also they dont disapear after u sleep so potentialy you can have like 20 traps for a monster. I found that 5-6 kill a Lich, around 10 to kill a dragon, 4-5 for Adamantine Golem, and 1-2 for Beholder. Traps are THE best way to kill mages that put up immunities to both magic and magic weapons. I garantee that 10 traps can kill pretty much anything in the game and then some.

Yoshimo is a trained boss killer. So far i can put all his level up points into set traps cuz i got both Knock and Find Traps spells.

Atleast until he betrays you yoshi is a vert very useful little theif

Old 01-06-2001, 11:36 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by Turin_Mormegil:
Atleast until he betrays you yoshi is a vert very useful little theif

See what I was talking about about unmarked spoilers, Ramon? Here's an example of one. Granted, it's the worst kept secret in the game but Turin didn't need to include the above quote, especially with a title like that which practically invites newbies to look at the post. Didn't spoil me but i'm sure it will spoil a few people.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:42 AM   #4
Turin_Mormegil

Crap...sorry bout that forgot to put in the spoiler alert. Its like 2 am and im loosing it. sorry

Old 01-06-2001, 01:05 PM   #5
G.W.

But, as we all know, it's quite easy to avoid the Yoshimo betrayal if you want to. He makes a damn fine dual class fighter-bounty hunter as well. Great stats.

Old 01-06-2001, 01:11 PM   #6
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry but i have to disagree, Yoshimo sucks ass... he is so crap that Aerie can beat the shit out of him with her fists. And he is a traitor - he deserves to die!!

Aegis
Old 01-06-2001, 02:13 PM   #7
Holy Mage Wah

Thanks a lot for ruining the plot for me. Never mind, I'm sure you was half as awake as any drunk kobold (only kidding!!) I haven't yet to finish the game with Yoshimo on my team, but now that you've pointed that out I guess there's no reason to.

Old 01-06-2001, 02:27 PM   #8
G.W.

To save Yoshimo:
Leave him behind before chap 4. Pick him up after chap 4. Pause immediately when you enter the copper coronet. Click talk to him. Unpause, get him to join group. Resurrect.

Old 01-06-2001, 02:32 PM   #9
G.W.

I still don't understand how these traps work. Do you set up a trap on someone who is already hostile? DO you sneak up to them and set the traps? How does it work?!

Old 01-06-2001, 02:55 PM   #10
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Best NPC award goes to......VALYGAR
thank you