Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 06:34 PM   #11
Conan

Basketball has changed so much in the last ten years. When I was growing up my dad took us to see the Bucks that went all the way. How about Oscar Robinson era! It was more artsy back then but I do appreciate the quickness of the game now. Kareem Abdual was our man back then. aka Lou AL Cinder(sp?)

Old 09-04-2001, 06:35 PM   #12
rodimus
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
If they do then I think that would be a great turnaround for them(they used to be the worst team in the NBA .. werent they?) .... I agree w/ what you said about the Jazz though ... unless they do some serious changin around I doubt theyll go all the way .... what they needed to do back when they were in the finalls was get rid of Ostertag ..... he is the most uncoordinated B-Ball player ever .... he never really wanted it like the others .... he could have been great to ... but he signed a big long contract and lost the will to work ... I guess for some ..... or most its all about the money ...
Yeah, I donīt like those immobile centers much, too. Just look at Shaq, heīs the last true center in the entire league. There are others like Ratliff or Jermaine O'Neal, but they donīt act with the power Shaquille OīNeal does or Wilt Chamberlain and Patrick Ewing did in the past. They are no tough post players, they rely on their quickness and shooting. Thatīs not bad, but theyīre no real center players, donīt you think so, too?

Agreed, Shaq is dominating the NBA.
But hey, you're from Germany, what do you think of the German team at the European Championchips??? I think they are great, yesterday was a great match and tomorrow we're going to win against France.
Dirk Nowitzki rules!!!
Old 09-04-2001, 06:36 PM   #13
rodimus
The Magister

Something went wrong with my post
Old 09-04-2001, 06:36 PM   #14
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

[quote]Originally posted by debiler:

Yeah, I donīt like those immobile centers much, too. Just look at Shaq, heīs the last true center in the entire league. There are others like Ratliff or Jermaine O'Neal, but they donīt act with the power Shaquille OīNeal does or Wilt Chamberlain and Patrick Ewing did in the past. They are no tough post players, they rely on their quickness and shooting. Thatīs not bad, but theyīre no real center players, donīt you think so, too?
Quote:

I totally agree ... I think it would be totally cool if the Jazz could pick some guy up fresh out of college who could actually PLAY center ....
Old 09-04-2001, 06:37 PM   #15
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Oops ... kinda messed that post up ....
Old 09-04-2001, 06:43 PM   #16
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by rodimus:
But hey, you're from Germany, what do you think of the German team at the European Championchips??? I think they are great, yesterday was a great match and tomorrow we're going to win against France.
Dirk Nowitzki rules!!!
You saw the match against greece? Wasnīt it a thriller? Man I nearly climed the ceiling yesterday. Noone would have thought they could have come back, being 21 points behind in the 2nd quarter. Nowitzki rules, thatīs clear. But what do you think of Ademola Okulaja? Heīs a real warrior.

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-04-2001, 06:47 PM   #17
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

To Rodimus: Yeah some 7ī0 guy with Antonio Davis' body and Shaquilles speed. Some free throw abilities wouldnīt be bad, though.

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 06:51 PM   #18
rodimus
The Magister

I think that was the most exciting game since ...(I don't know)
Okulaja is a warrior, I like him very much, but I think he isn't yet good enough to play in the NBA. And I liked Femerling and I liked (for the first time) Shawn Bradley, because it seems that the Greeks were afraid, when such a giant stands under the basket. He did what he has to do, grab rebounds, had a block, and the important thing, the Greeks didn't shoot good, when he was on the court.

Man, what a fighting team. I really would appreciate that they reach the semi-final
Old 09-04-2001, 06:55 PM   #19
rodimus
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
To Rodimus: Yeah some 7ī0 guy with Antonio Davis' body and Shaquilles speed. Some free throw abilities wouldnīt be bad, though.

That would be good, some Centers, that would break the kingdom of the Shaq. I didn't like the finals this year (I watch them now for over 5 years), cause everybody knows that LA would win. Especially a big disappointment were San Antonio and Sacamento!!
Old 09-04-2001, 07:02 PM   #20
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by rodimus:
I think that was the most exciting game since ...(I don't know)
Okulaja is a warrior, I like him very much, but I think he isn't yet good enough to play in the NBA.
M-hm, thatīs right. One or two more years of experience in Europe and he will be ready for the challenge. He has good moves and style, but he has to improve his shooting and the decisions he makes sometimes.

------------------