Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2000, 02:29 PM   #11
Thieldrim

A comment or question on gameplay
To get into a place like this, you need a rogue stone. how are you supposed to know this? other than reading posts on the board, i havent come across anything that explains this. also, the key in the sewers needed to get into the mind flayer area - you don't know where that is supposed to come from - there should be clues - one should be related to the other - some puzzles or other. don't get me wrong, this is by far the best RPG i have ever played, but there seem to be discontinuities in situations like this.

also, i ran into a statue, maybe in windspear hills that had its hands out as if to hold something. well, i thought for the longest time i was supposed to put something in its hands - maybe i was, but i could never figure out what it was - there was something in its hands, but nothing to put in.

thoughts?

Old 12-22-2000, 05:12 PM   #12
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Hey thieldrim how can i get into the secret door in the sewers ?? What is this mindflayer area you talk about ??

And, if we are talking about special locks, how can i open the chest in Jysster´s house ??
And, another annoying item, what should i do with **´s head (the children killer) ??

Old 12-22-2000, 05:17 PM   #13
Thieldrim

if i remember right you get the sewer key in the windspear hills quest - can't remember answers to other q's

Old 12-22-2000, 05:50 PM   #14
Holy Mage Wah

The key is with Tazok in the Windspear hills quest. Tazok can be found in the dungeon n/e of windspear hills. Also that is where firkraag is so I guess you haven't encountered him yet.

A MASSIVE RED DRAGON.

Old 12-22-2000, 07:59 PM   #15
Armisael

First time I got into that place it was completely accidental. When I died (as you do) and loaded my auto-save, I noticed the text that said 'your rogue stone glows and disappears'.

Old 12-22-2000, 08:09 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Perhaps it's so the super fanatics (self included) hear about these things and think: "Damn..... I missed that one.....I know!.....I'll....I'll PLAY IT AGAIN!!!!! (Laughs feverishly with saliva dripping fom mouth)."