Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 02-11-2003, 09:12 AM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

Just came across this on the SciFi channel site http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/ind...2003&feed_req=

Riverworld is a piece of classic science fiction, about aliens the resurrect the entire human race on an artifical planet that is one extremely long river. An excellent series of books, I hope they do not butcher it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2003, 04:15 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thanks for the link Rokenn. I never knew there was a 4 hour version of Waterworld! Has anyone seen it? What did they add? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 05:39 PM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Thanks for the link Rokenn. I never knew there was a 4 hour version of Waterworld! Has anyone seen it? What did they add? [img]smile.gif[/img]
lots and lots of shots showing Kevin Costner looking pensive, lol. Man that guy is an annoying actor [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2003, 05:53 PM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

Came accross this site :Not for Hire which has more info on both the TV series and the novels. Here is a little taste:
You live your life. You die. You wake on the bank of a mile-wide river. You are naked and 25 years old, but you remember dying, old and bed-ridden. Hundreds of people, also dead, from every time of human history, awake around you. You will never get sick, you will never age, and no child will ever be born to a woman. The grail on your wrist will keep you fed, as long as a Grail Slaver doesn't steal it and force you to work for your food. All you have are your memories, your soul,and your sins.You are a resurrectee on Resurrection Day, when every human who has ever lived and died has been reborn on the many million-mile banks of the Great River. Welcome to the afterlife.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:22 PM   #5
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

The book was really good and I enjoyed the different adventures a great deal. Still it was hard to keep up with at times. "O.K., Atillia the Hun and Gahndi are the good guys trying to free the well from the evil Mother Terresea who is working for jack the Ripper." (not actual storyline) When you start mixing all these characters together and compress the story to fit TV and you know that people are going to be shaking their heads even if they read the books.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #6
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I loved those books, but the ending was somehow unsatisfying. I hope they don't butcher it. (yeah, right)