Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-19-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I know what I want in the next exapnsion and I have an idea about some of what were getting.

- Beholders: These are more or less a definite. Everyone wants these abominations and since it's the Underdark..y'know. Don't expect anything too fancy though, there are clipping issues with anything that has tentacles so the eyestalks will probably not move, twitch or animate, instead they'll just kinda hang there. Look what they did to the medusa in SOU. Still, i'm happy though.

- Driders: I am almost sure these will be in HOtU. They are again, underdark dwellers and are so easily done now since all they have to do is re-skin the Formorian. Knowing Bioware and their 'save-money' policy they'll jump at the chance since it won't cost much.

- Illithids: They *have* to put these in, come on people it's the Underdark!

- Subraces: Well, in SOU it was prestige classes so they have to make yet another major modification. People are hoping it will be subraces (though nothing is confirmed yet) such as Drow, Wood-elf etc.

- Underdark Tileset: I imagine this would defo. be included. That way we can construct underdark scenarios along with the fabled Menzoberranzan. New things like glowing mushrooms, twisted trees and dark, metallic buildings. You remember how it was done in IWD2? I hope it's as good as that.

Well those are the main things I can think of right now, feel free to add your own, be them creatures, classes, tilesets, scripting-functions - whatever!
Old 07-19-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

Besides everything listed above...

new city tileset both exterior & interior
swamp tileset
hilly/mountainous tileset
extra-planar/weird tileset
snowy tilesets for city, forest , ect. to match the new snowy rural

AN OFFICIAL TAVERN BAR PLACEABLE!!!! darn tables and crates don't cut it!

A script wizard like lilac soul's incredibly cool utility & Buil tin support of NWN lexicon

More prestige classes

... I have more, I'll save some for others
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

A playable campaign. SoU was better than the OC, but hardly. I managed to pull through all four chapters in the latter, but I lost interest in the former the day I got it.

That, and more of everything. More placeables, more tilesets, more monsters, epic levels, and premade subraces.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 03:26 AM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Expanded level cap without this I will not buy it. What I would like to see also is a wizard that would go ahead and build default insides to building when you are making a city. You could always remake them but if it did this for just standard builds it would speed up city creating greatly.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:59 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Tavern bar-placeable, defo. and preferably of a field-goal shape. Epic levels ain't happening as far as I know (I don't personally want them right now anyways), best we can hope for is Sub-Races.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:52 AM   #6
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

SpiritWarrior where did you hear Epic levels is not happening? Last I had heard they were still thinking about it. If this is true I am done with Bioware. Think about it the three most requested things are

Robes and cloaks which we can not get without a recode of the whole gaming engine.

Horses not sure on this one why we do not have it.

Epic levels which if we do not get this one after a year that the game has released means as much as Bioware says they listen to the fan base they are not doing anything for the fans.

The only thing we got out of SOU was some scripting commands, a couple of feats and petrification. Sorry the tile sets could have been made by a fan. It is nice that you do not have to get a hack pak but still come on one out of the top three would be nice.

Granamere

[ 07-21-2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:33 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I agree about the overall cheapness of SOU and have said it on many occasions. There are many mess-ups and loose ends if you look in the toolset...stuff that you can't really see at first glance but it's there.

In reality I have seen some fan-made stuff done way more professionally than this expansion was. Go look at some of the new item-portraits we have gotten with SOU, specifically the Cloak and Amulet ones. I don't know what the hell they are but I'd never wear them. I started a thread on this in the Bio forums and people actually joked around suggesting we use them in our modules as 'joke-items' beacause since they just look so crap and amateur they can't possibly be taken seriously by any player (IMHO one of the designer's kids got their hands on MSpaint and these were accidently added to the expansion).

The Prestige Classes however, got me through this and along with a good OC compensated for it, allowing me to at least pretend not to notice.

I read about not getting Epic Levels in some Bio thread about a month or so ago. I am honestly not sure if they defintely said no but I gathered from what the designer commented that it wasn't happening. If you have seen a thread confirming the inclusion of this after that time then that'd be more accurate. Again I don't really want Epic Levels (IMHO that takes this game to power-play levels and then, insanity) so haven't been tracking the word on this of late.
Do let me know if they anounce it for defo.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:58 PM   #8
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
In reality I have seen some fan-made stuff done way more professionally than this expansion was.
I agree with you there, SpiritWarrior. For example, Adam Miller's custom stuff goes WAY beyond what they did with SoU (swamp tileset, Illithid, Yuan-Ti, flying on a dragon, etc.).

But what I'd like to see with the next expansion are exactly those.

And also I'd like to be able to stand on the top of a building and be able to see the the rest of the town (because they are all on the same map)

And, they should raise the XP cap.

And, they've got to make a Samurai prestige class!

And, some new animal companions.

And, that's about it.

[ 07-21-2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:59 PM   #9
Atrayu
The Magister

- Illithids: They *have* to put these in, come on people it's the Underdark!

Please keep these guys out and everything will be fine (sorry, I hate these things!)

Really great idea's so far and some of my outsider suggestions would be;

1.Level oriented expansions.

2.Item level more enforced in standard D&D applications.

3.More hit points for Wizards.

Monster wise I would say Beholders are the next step, and make it right Griffons would be cool! I would like having one on my side to say the least!
Atrayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:13 PM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrayu:
3.More hit points for Wizards.
Wizards have d4 hp. That can't be changed, or you'd be pushing towards the overall balance of the class.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote