Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I have been tracking the Shadow Hart. I have attacked him twice and he keeps teleporting to a different spot. However, now I can't find him.

Any suggestions, advice, etc? Thank you.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:45 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Now WHY would you want to attack something inherently good? [img]smile.gif[/img]

There is a semi-hidden pasageway that leads to an area that APPEARS inaccessible from the overhead map but actually isn't. He may have gone there. Here's how to get there:

When you first enter the map, there is a small stream to with a bridge crossing it (this is before you go up the hill and meet the elven arcane archer who is hunting the hart). Follow that stream to the east/northeast until it apparently ends at a forest. That is actually an entrance way to a enclosed area that is NOT accessible by any other means. [img]smile.gif[/img] He may have gone there to hide. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I do know if your are in attack mode when he teleports, your character *should* start running in it's general direction in order to keep attacking. This is more of an exploit than a legit stratgedy IMHO.
The Shadowheart appears and teleports randomly in a few specific locations according to what I have read in the offical SOU forum. Keep track of where you see the tracks.

Spoilers:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I could never find the shadowheart, and being an evil rogue-wannabe-assassin at the time, I went ahead and killed the elf who gave the quest. It only took 5 reloads for my level three rougue and Dorna. He has a nice longbow.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #4
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Well, I really hesitated to try and kill the beautiful creature as my character is not really evil. When Ferran said his wife was dying and he needed the horns, I figured I would be doing good. Anyway, I did find the hidden spot, except everytime I go there, he is not there. Yes, I am in attack mode and at one previous save, my character did run around by herself attacking the Shadow Hart. She would get so far and then it would say - "cannot reach target" and she would just stop. This has become very frustrating and I'm tempted just to reload and not worry about killing the poor creature.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:14 PM   #5
Atrayu
The Magister

Arrow

Putting my fingers in my ears...I can't read what I see (casts natures balance)..going away now .. not turning anyone in for a Druid fine today. (Panther teeth on your butt!)

Plenty of undead to pick on
Atrayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Check here:

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...33409&forum=75

For a highly spoilerish examination of the scripting and math involved with regards to the Shadowhart. It's the 11th post in the thread.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 AM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thank you, that is pretty detailed. I will give it a try today. Appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:48 PM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

My elven ranger gal, while she could certainly empathize with the elf needing the medicine for his wife (ever heard of harvesting dropped antlers?), warned the ShadowHart that there were hunters after him. Xp for the warning and the satisfaction of a good animal remaining free for a least a little longer. Probably a little more druid-like than ranger-like, but definitely in character for her (and me).

Had no trouble finding him: sensed him right away when in range.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #9
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

SPOILER (I guess)
Put the Shadow Heart's heart along with a quartz crystal into the Focus Crystal grinder in Drogan's room. You'll get a sweet amulet!