Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I already pre order this game. The website gonna email me when the game is released. So I currently play RO to pass the time.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:49 AM   #12
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Kakero if you have the pre-order box there is a code inside that you need in order to play the next beta weekend. That starts Friday feb 4th at 6:00 AM U.S.A. west coast time and runs until sunday feb 6th 12:00 midnight so, I'll Be looking for you.
My Character is a Ranger/Monk and I go by the name of "Troy Darksword".
Hope everybody that has the pre-order box will join us for what may be the final Beta weekend before the final release that is suspose to be in march I hope! XXXXX I'm keeping my fingers crossed LOL.

[ 01-17-2005, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #13
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Game Spy released the list of their 20 Most Wanted games of 2005, and Guild Wars made the grade. Read all about the game they believe "should really shake up the way that people look at persistent online worlds, check out the link below.

http://mostwanted.gamespy.com/2005/top20/16.html
Old 01-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Kakero if you have the pre-order box there is a code inside that you need in order to play the next beta weekend. That starts Friday feb 4th at 6:00 AM U.S.A. west coast time and runs until sunday feb 6th 12:00 midnight so, I'll Be looking for you.
My Character is a Ranger/Monk and I go by the name of "Troy Darksword".
Hope everybody that has the pre-order box will join us for what may be the final Beta weekend before the final release that is suspose to be in march I hope! XXXXX I'm keeping my fingers crossed LOL.
sorry, the website I pre order from doesn't have that function.

btw, when is the release date? 4th february is the beta weekend right?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #15
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The Feburary Beta Weekend runs Feb. 4th, 5th,& 6th
then there will be another March 4th, 5th,& 6th and maybe another the first weekend of April. That is inless the game comes out with the final release before the April Beta. To tell you the truth NCSOFT and ArenaNet have not put out a final release date yet but they say that it is getting very very close and that for the most part the game is finished they just want to Tweek it upto or as close to perfection as they can.
When the game is completed it will open at the exact same time in every city in every country on the planet. That way nobody will be left behind that pre-ordered the game for the first Day opening Events.
There is a contest going on at one of the Guild Wars support sites from now until feb 3rd to get a chance to win a free beta weekend. I will find the imformation or the URL and post it here for you and everone that wishes to try to win the free beta weekend. Look for the post I'm going to get it now be back in a few.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #16
Vampire

For me, I don't like the guildwars idea, as i dislike the idea of being disattached with rest of the world. I like travelling long journey's and having people ambush me... it feels real.

the thought of doing a quest that someone else is doing, yet i can't see them and we both can do it is a bit weird. I prefer to find that someone beat me to it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2005, 12:45 AM   #17
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

For me, I don't like the guildwars idea, as i dislike the idea of being disattached with rest of the world. I like travelling long journey's and having people ambush me... it feels real.

the thought of doing a quest that someone else is doing, yet i can't see them and we both can do it is a bit weird. I prefer to find that someone beat me to it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeah where do you live that when you go traveling long journey's people ambush you? LOL

When you play Guild Wars you can't travel anywhere for very long without getting attacked. The whole world is full of bad guys, and the servers can handle hundreds of thousands of players at the same time with no lag at all. The fact is when your in the towns, Forts and cities you can talk to everyone and anyone that is playing the game at that time and never need to change servers to find somebody and then you can team up with anyone that wants to join you and go exploring or head to the Areans and battle other teams or guilds.
To bad you won't be there to Play the best MMORPG that has ever been made.!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:08 AM   #18
Vampire

it does sound good technically, but the concept that I can ONLY interact with team members once a quest starts is a bit annoying...

so it's like multiplayer NWN, but u choose who u meet up with
Old 01-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #19
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

No, you can interact with team members and everyone else in the game everywhere except when on a quest.
While on a quest the only people you can talk to is your team members that come with you on that quest.
That way the rest of the community can't interupt you and your team while on the quest. Once you return to a city you can speek with everyone in the game except those on quest. That means that, lets say that 25 members of your guild are in the game at the same time but each one is in a different city each 100 miles apart. Using the team speek function you can talk to all the members of your guild or team at the same time without everyone else in the game reading or hearing what you say to them. Then you can ask or tell them to meet you you at a city such as Ascalon City section 12. The team members then go to the city portal or gate and everyone shows up at the Ascalon City section 12. After you group up you can break up into 4 man/women questing groups or 8 man/women Guild fighting teams for the Arena.

Now there is another speak function called wisper and you can speak to any person or team you want even those on a quest. That way you can tell them news like [The Ironworks Guild Arena team has just won 20 matches in a row, making us the new world Arena Champs] and this won't interupt the quest play or let any other team hear you.

As it has been said the guys that made this game are putting in every function to improve Team assisted play they can and they have been building this game for 5 years. I could use up every page of the Ironworks forum trying to list everything.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #20
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

What if you just want to go outside and solo monsters? Or quest alone?