Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #31
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Anyone here a 49ers fan? [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

I have been since I was 10. I loved Montana. Then Young. Now I am waiting for them to get their act together...
They are probably going to lose Terrell Owens. Most people would say that this would make them worse; however, I think it will make them better from a team chemistry standpoint. Having a receiver duelling with your starting quarterback does not help things. If they make him a franchise player then trade him (even for draft picks), this will help immensely. They have two good quarterbacks, a solid running game, and some decent receivers behind TO (Tai Streets, for example). If they can get another solid receiver and a couple of defensive players for TO, that will improve them greatly.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-06-2004, 04:28 PM   #32
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Glad the Packers made it, but ARGH the Broncos Colts game was painful to watch. That Manning has an arm I tells ya. I turned the game off at 10min remaining in the 4th when it was 41-3 or whatever, then went to shower and cleanse myself of Broncos losing filth. They were doing so well all year then had to blow it right when it mattered most [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 11:30 PM   #33
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Glad the Packers made it, but ARGH the Broncos Colts game was painful to watch. That Manning has an arm I tells ya. I turned the game off at 10min remaining in the 4th when it was 41-3 or whatever, then went to shower and cleanse myself of Broncos losing filth. They were doing so well all year then had to blow it right when it mattered most [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I stopped watching at halftime. The Broncos choked bad. Then again, you could just see it in Manning's eyes that he was out for blood for what happened two weeks ago. He even stated that he sent his wife out to party with her friends for New Years, and he stayed home and watched game tapes getting ready for the game. He definitely had revenge on his mind, and it showed out on the field. Now let's see how he does with Kansas City (should be a real high scoring affair).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-07-2004, 12:51 AM   #34
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Anyone here a 49ers fan? [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

I have been since I was 10. I loved Montana. Then Young. Now I am waiting for them to get their act together...
They are probably going to lose Terrell Owens. Most people would say that this would make them worse; however, I think it will make them better from a team chemistry standpoint. Having a receiver duelling with your starting quarterback does not help things. If they make him a franchise player then trade him (even for draft picks), this will help immensely. They have two good quarterbacks, a solid running game, and some decent receivers behind TO (Tai Streets, for example). If they can get another solid receiver and a couple of defensive players for TO, that will improve them greatly. [/QUOTE]I agree. I have never liked Owens. He is to pompous. He is good, but his attitude needs to go.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Y'all meet Choc's daddy!

Supreme Victory which will lead to the Feline Domination of the World is near.

"Growl" baby.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:45 PM   #36
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Bah, this is going to be a boring Super Bowl, I mean I hardly heard of the Panthers doing anything at all this season till they made the playoffs.

I think this season I'll be watching it for the commercials...which I hope are better than last years [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #37
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Bah, this is going to be a boring Super Bowl, I mean I hardly heard of the Panthers doing anything at all this season till they made the playoffs.

I think this season I'll be watching it for the commercials...which I hope are better than last years [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Just because you've hardly heard of them doesn't mean they aren't a good team. They wouldn't be going to the SuperBowl if they weren't good.

Of course, it isn't surprising that you haven't heard much about them, cause the media has done everything they could to ignore them. When they won big games, the announcers would focus on why the other team lost rather than how Carolina won.

Even against Philadelphia (where the Panthers completely shut them down in their home stadium), the announcers kept making excuses for the Eagles. Finally, Troy Aikman had the guts to say "I believe Philadelphia's problem is the fact that the Panthers are kicking their ass from one end of the field to the other."

Yep, that sums it up pretty well.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:45 PM   #38
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Yay Panthers! And they are good, so meh to all Panthers haters!