Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hello my friends, and apologies for my long absence.

Last you probably heard from me, my electrolytes had suddenly gone way out of balance and I was suffering from anemia. The doctor was able to correct for that with some supplements and a dietary change. Just about the time I was getting over that, I came down with a severe case of "walking pneumonia" (Mycoplasma pneumoniae) which laid me flat for the past two weeks. I had to miss over a week of work, which, when you are a teacher, is terrible because it's not like anyone else can do what you do. So all I could do was set my alarm for a certain time in the morning, roll over, and call my work and croak some instructions to my co-workers who were desperately trying to sub for me while attending to their own classes, then turn back over and try to think about something other than killing myself to stop the coughing and the pain.

So, for me, the whole month of January 2003 has basically sucked swamp water. I just pray that February has a change for the better.

I realize I have been remiss during this period of moderating in the other forums. I want to thank my fellow mods for filling in for me during my absence. It's going to take some time catching up on things, but I should be around here more often in the near future (slowly at first, of course...I'm still pretty weak.)

Anyway, I hope everyone's year so far has gone a lot better than mine has. Blessings to you all, and I've missed you!

Hugs,

Paris Soulier (Sazerac)

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-02-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

Wishing you all the best Sazerac

[img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-02-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry to hear that mate, my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Don't push yourself with the mod stuff, it's only mod stuff at the end of the day. Look after yourself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Sazerac, that's absolutely terrible! Good job on getting over your illnesses, I'm so glad you're feeling a little better these days. I hope you can somehow manage to catch up on the things you've been missing, and get back into your daily routine as soon as possible. It's so good to see you back on here, I hope we'll be seeing more of your posts in the near future. Take it easy, and rest up as much as you need to while you're still recuperating!

All the best,

Alex
Old 02-02-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Paris, you have been, and still are, in my thoughts and prayers, I've been worrying out about you for weeks now! I wish you a speedy recovery, and I agree, for you January has been a bastaid! Let's see, I think Wenzek can cast a Chant, so a Good February Chant I send to you! [img]smile.gif[/img] Take care of yourself, don't try to push it and do too much too soon, we all will be here when you are back to Top Barbarian status

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-02-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lots of good wishes and prayers for your improved health, my dear friend! You must take care of yourself and not worry so much about other things- you can't get well if you worry so much! *BIG HUGS* You take it easy and concentrate your efforts on getting well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd take the chant from Wenzek too. I bet it's pretty strong, she's a tough cookie, that one!
Old 02-02-2003, 10:46 PM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh man, Saz, I'm sorry to hear all of this.
I hope now that you're back on your feet that you stay that way. Take it easy until you get your strength back. We'll all be thinking of you. Soldier on!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:29 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I was so sorry to hear you were sick, and that you're still sick . Best wishes for a complete recovery.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:13 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Sorry to hear this... I really hope you'll recover quickly after such a terrible month.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:02 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Hope you get better, take care of yourself...