Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting a troll today on a forum for attorneys hosted by findlaw. I thought I'd link it here so you guys can appreciate this forum.
http://www.infirmation.com/bboard/cl...?msg_id=0023q2

Now, please help me out. (A) Where is that board with the really cool "Do Not Feed the Troll" pic. (B) How do I link it into this "infirmation" board, which I think is html. Thanks in advance. Oooops, forgot... let me be cool about saying that:

TIA
Old 01-29-2003, 01:16 PM   #2
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

wish i could help...but grr...bad....i don;t like that person....and i just don;t undersatnd...you point out the "not-very-useful-not-very-intelligent" way of argueing with insults and yet he doesn't get the point. geez... some ppl!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

wow TL you just gave me a good chuckle. Good use of the word there [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Daddy-O lol hehhahahaha sorry to see that this particular indigent cannot think of anything better to to do. He sounds a lot like someone else on this board

[ 01-29-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Old 01-29-2003, 01:47 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sorry to hear that, TL. Do you mean [img]graemlins/troll.jpg[/img] ? That's :troll with another colon.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, Attalus, but I think Z doesn't like us to link to pictures on this site when we are posting elsewhere. Or does he mind?

Anyway, this pic, IIRC, comes from another website where there is an index of internet personas. Where is this? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 01-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

If that is the image, don´t link from Ironworks. That´s against the rules and regulations you know.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:01 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, but you could copy it onto Paint, then convert it to a .jpeg file, and host it on Ranchoweb or some such, then link to that. Darn, how do you convert a Bitmap image to a jpeg file? Animal told me once, but, now, I have forgotten.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:09 PM   #8
Lord High Eater of Legs
Zhentarim Guard

for converting .bmp to .jpg just resave the file as a jpeg
you go TL!!! That guy really needed a kick up the rear end

ok, sorry about this, but whooo!!! troll! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/troll.jpg[/img]
Old 01-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

First of all I admire the courage Tralfalger Squared has to post such a thing with the amount of American people around on the web.
Second of all, I do agree with what he said. America is in fact more or less oppressing it's dominancy to the entire world. I mean: it is indeed so that they are being hypocrite by allowing the one country (Israel) to have enormous amounts of dangerous weaponry, while the other country (Iraq) is being forced to destroy or give away theirs. And I know that there is a difference between the leaders of both countries, in a certain way, but right now I even fail to see clearly the difference between Saddam Hussein and George Bush. You can hate me for this, but I have thought long and hard before stating this, and I believe sharing my opinion is something that I should do.

To make things more clear: it is not my intention to attack any one of you, but I feel as if America (in a more specific sense, president Bush) wants to make sure that their position of the world's most powerful country is still secure. It's like a second cold war they're fighting here, and I have yet to see whether or not another incident like Pig's Bay will happen again. I pray to God (and you may know that I do not believe in him, but I sincerely hop he will stop this nonsense) that this will not happen.
In my honest opinion Bush is intentionally ignoring all the 'laws' he himself has made; with this I mean that the United Nations, which is in fact a peace-inforcing body, stand more or less powerless against what is happening right now. All Bush simply said was "No" in a simplified way, when the United Nations wouldn't allow him to strike against Saddam Hussein with their permission.
To further illustrate my opinion: I really do not believe that Iraq is the only country in the entire world that has (or might have) illegal, or unnoted weapons of mass destruction. Being the hypocrite that he is, Bush points the finger at others first, and then he will come to realise that that finger will point at himself, him being just as bad as all the other dictators and terrorist scum on earth.
Have you ever realised why it is that the Palestinian people were crying of joy when the Twin Towers fell? I can pop the balloon for you: they didn't cry because they hated the view. They cried because finally someone dared to stand up against (NOTE: this standing was done in a horrible way; I absolutely do not condone what Osama bin Laden has done) mighty America. The Palestinians are fired against every single day with American guns. Their houses are blown apart by the machine guns and missiles of American Apache helicopters. I can perfectly well understand why those were so happy.

In a way Osama bin Laden isn't that different from Bush. They virtually stand on the same line, albeit that bin Laden and Bush are on the direct opposite of that same line. Bush, wanting to destroy all terrorists, and make the world democratic (whatever that may mean), and bin Laden, wanting to make the world free from the, in his eyes, true terrorist America, who, again in his eyes, oppresses it's view and 'religion' upon his people, and the world. They are two people fighting the wrong battle. Fighting a battle that neither of them can win.
Maybe being a bit more altruistic, maybe being a more socially capable, maybe being more forgiveable will help this world from falling downwards. Maybe even trying to believe in a better world will even prevent it from going down in a neverending spiral downwards. Because that is where we're going. And I pray that I, and certainly not my children, or anyone after me, will have to live in a wretched, destroyed world, where the shatters of a broken past, where the illusion of peace and bliss can still be felt, but never embraced.

To make a final statement: please think twice before making a rant at just somebody's humble opinion. Thank you.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-29-2003, 02:19 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Boy, Link, I disagree with you in so mant places that I can't even think where to start. This belongs in the War Forum, though.