Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2002, 12:13 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It's not Bush's fault that these terrorists want to harm others, using their beleifs to justify deaths of innocents. If the terrorists were not actively trying to continue their plans as the deathbringers of all those that oppose them, Bush would not be up there trying to make the decision on whether or not to play "defence or offence". Then, nobody would have any worries on whether these are the last days of our lives on this planet. If Gore would have been elected, the same scenario would be taking place. Gore would be faced with the "offence or defence" decision, and half of the world would be screaming "what a fool he is to be making that decision."

Remember that the terrorists do not care who is in charge of this country...it could be MagiK or me...and they would still be planning an attack against us, and I would have to be trying to decide whether to sit and let it happen, hoping my defencive structure in the US was good enough to block their attacks, or if I should hit first.

I would choose to hit first. I hate playing black in a Chess game, because white always gets to go first. So, I always play white. I like to make the first move.

I think the fact that Bush has not already wiped the whole Middle East off the map shows that he at least has some regard for his big choice. Another president might have already doomed us all. You will never be able to guess at just what could have happened...if Bush had not been placed in that spot. Any President coming into his office under a time such as this would be hard pressed to make the right choice.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #32
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Maybe the big super powers won't be the problem it may just be some wacko with a small nuke in a lunchbox.These are the threats and worries of the present times ALL nukes should be eliminated.There is no sane reason to have such a device around,We should never have used them in the past and never again in the future.To me it was just as bad as being part of the holocost!! Please lets get rid of Mr.Bush he may start the next war with his lack of tack and brains.
There are many sane reasons to have nukes around, you just have not thought of them or you refuse to admit that the tool is not the problem. It is the bozo's that use the tools that create problems. Society as a whole has completely missed the usefulness of such devices because of the geopolitical problems that they can cause if not used properly. No insane loner lunatic is going to build an A-bomb in his garage, the materials are not THAT common. You are more likely to see a "dirty" conventional bomb made with low grade medical waste material from nuclear medicine

Old 09-04-2002, 12:25 PM   #33
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
It's not Bush's fault that these terrorists want to harm others, using their beleifs to justify deaths of innocents. If the terrorists were not actively trying to continue their plans as the deathbringers of all those that oppose them, Bush would not be up there trying to make the decision on whether or not to play "defence or offence". Then, nobody would have any worries on whether these are the last days of our lives on this planet. If Gore would have been elected, the same scenario would be taking place. Gore would be faced with the "offence or defence" decision, and half of the world would be screaming "what a fool he is to be making that decision."

Remember that the terrorists do not care who is in charge of this country...it could be MagiK or me...and they would still be planning an attack against us, and I would have to be trying to decide whether to sit and let it happen, hoping my defencive structure in the US was good enough to block their attacks, or if I should hit first.

Hmmm I kinda like that [img]smile.gif[/img] President MagiK [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would choose to hit first. I hate playing black in a Chess game, because white always gets to go first. So, I always play white. I like to make the first move.

I think the fact that Bush has not already wiped the whole Middle East off the map shows that he at least has some regard for his big choice. Another president might have already doomed us all. You will never be able to guess at just what could have happened...if Bush had not been placed in that spot. Any President coming into his office under a time such as this would be hard pressed to make the right choice.
In case the group that thinks the US brings all this on itself because of it's foreign policy is looking. I would dare to say that Just when the US had moved toward being completly insular and uninvolved in foreign events an event known as the second world war started...so evidently being isolationistic is not medeling in the affairs of others isn't going to work either