Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-11-2000, 11:45 AM   #1
Archimedes
Welcomed New User

I can't access the mage guild in the town you start out in. I also can't exit Ishad N'ha. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a temple in Ishad N'ha, or a Town hall in the town you start out in, but if there are, I can't access either of those. I also can only access one set of gates (to Nymph lake) in the starting town.

After I found the mage guild to be missing in the starting town I asked members of this forum for help. They replied that it was the furthest building to the left in the initial town. Slightly up on a hill. Thanks freudianslip and Davros. I appreciate the help because it allowed me to verify that this is a definite bug in my game. That building will not highlight in my game, nor can I click on it to enter, nor is any text displayed when I move the pointer over it. The furthest building to the left that I can access in that town is the tavern.

However, I figured I would be okay with just accessing the mage guild from Ishad N'ha (or however that is spelled). Went there, and tried it. No problems gettign itnot the mage guild there. I also notedf that Ishad N'ha had a town hall, which my starting town didn't (possible other bug). I was willing to accpet these bugs when I found to my dismay that I could not exit the town of Ishad N'ha because the town gates would not highlight or let me out (they were bugged the same way). Also, since there was a temple in the initial town, but no temple building was clickable in Ishad N'ha, I am guessing that this might be another bug.

I tried unuinstalling and reinstallign my game to see if that might help. No dice. Same problem in starting town.

If anyone knows of a patch that is in the works, or a setting that might resolve this problem (for example, maybe this always occurs when you do full installs and I should be doing the smaller install instead) I would appreciate the help.

As a side note, I am running Windows 2000. Since everything else seemes to work fine I am skeptical that Windows 2000 is the problem, but if anyone else has encountered this problem themselves while running Windows 2000, but not when running another OS I would be interested to hear about it. Unfortunately I do not have any other OS to try it under.
Old 11-11-2000, 01:08 PM   #2
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Your problem is a confirmed Windows 2000 problem with how the town AVI files are read. No one running Windows 2000 has access to this buildings. FOrtunately, there is a fix that will take a little work on your part. Go to the following site and convert your town AVI files to an uncompress AVI. Note that this will make them huge, but you will be able to play the game.

http://www.geocities.com/virtualdub/index.html
Old 11-11-2000, 02:14 PM   #3
Archimedes
Welcomed New User

Thanks Eldurin. I hope this works.