Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-04-2002, 11:03 AM   #31
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

See, that's just the trouble with such sites. You don't know for certain whether they're really that whacko, or they're some smart-alec loser trying to pull people's legs.

When I was in grad school at UNT, there was a series of letters being written to the school paper (back in 1987) signed "The Antichrist" which were all very insulting and inflammatory towards Christians, Buddhists, Islamics, etc., anyone who believed anything. I later found out that it was actually an acquaintance of mine who was doing this all as a "joke"...he didn't believe nor mean anything of what he was writing. Needless to say, I took him to task over it. Someone with as many brains as he had (and he was "intelligent" in that he got straight-A's and was a whiz at science and math) should have been able to find something more constructive to do with his time than that. He ended up losing quite a few friends when they found out what he was doing. What a waste.

The point is, there's always some idiot out there who thinks they're being "clever" or "cute" in putting up something like this and pissing people off, or trying to get them to fall for it. Maybe they get a sick masochistic thrill out of all the hate mail they receive; I dunno. This guy may be for real, but I have a sneaking suspicion he's like my "friend" back in college.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 09-04-2002, 12:21 PM   #32
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I agree, Saz.

That site is just too "over-the-top" to really be believable - to me anyway.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:54 PM   #33
Lox
Manshoon

I think you're right Saz and Cerek. While I was reading it, I kept waiting for the punch line. I figured it would be something along the lines of, "All these rules work well for Saudi Arabia, so they should work well for us."