Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-20-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I recently dowloaded a movie (avi) and the sound plays about 2 seconds quicker than the video does. I've been trying to somehow fix it but it's been to no avail. Does anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this before I make the big decision that it's just not going to happen?
I would download it again but it's very hard to find.

I have VirtualDub and Aviedit in case any of you know a way but I'm happy to get any program I might need.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Bokken ]

Old 11-20-2001, 07:45 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Not an expert... But could it be it has something to do with the drivers you're using? I've been breaking my neck over this issue as well, I have no idea why the sound proceeds the actual movie with 2 seconds on my laptop, but runs perfectly on my old Win95 computer. Very weird...
Anyway, just saying that re-downloading the same .avi won't work.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

You need to break into the Rythmic envelope Bokken. I am no expert either but scan the envelope and find your markers. These shapes are regularly run through in dependency on the AVI. Normalize it first. Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:54 AM   #4
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Firstly thanks to both of you for the help. Be it helpful or not I'm glad to receive it.
Grojlach - My drivers are all up to date. The problem with me is that when I get stuck I really get stuck unless there is something realy technical that I can't figure out.

*\Conan/* - Yeah I done that before posting here. The damn thing was so huge that I could have seriously scrolled down for a minute without seeing much change in the scrollbar. I did the wise thing in the end though and just deleted the damn thing. I love the film but I'm not going to stress over it anymore heh.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:14 PM   #5
Blade
Emerald Dragon

If you have virtual dub. you could just use the offset audio feture, if that doesn't work it is in the frames ratio and rate doesn't line up with the audio.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:16 PM   #6
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

While we're on the subject, is there any way to use video files as a screen saver?
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 11-21-2001, 06:15 AM   #7
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
While we're on the subject, is there any way to use video files as a screen saver?

You bet there is. I found a program some time ago while I was surfing that would allow you to do that but unfortunately I cannot recall what it was and where. I know that isn't much help but at least you now know it's possible [img]smile.gif[/img]