Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

HELP.....
I just bashed the mirrors and am going to the next section and I am getting my butt handed to me on a mitrial plater by the 2 mitrial golums. I am a 19 / 1 monk / mage. There is a door on the previous level that no mater what I do I can't open either. I have heard that the answer is behind that door but how do you open it?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

The only way I have found to open that door on the 2nd level is to use the gollum power source to blow it up. I forget the exact procedure, but you can set the power source to overload and expload. If you do that by the looked door, the explosion will destroy the door. Of course, this destroys the power source, so you will not be able to complete the quest of getting the power source for one gollum faction or the other. That in turn means you will not have an gollum help at the battle againts the Valsharess' forces either.

One other way I have heard of is available to Rangers and Druids. If you have a high enough talk to animal (animal empathy) skill, you can persuade one of the rats to go under the door and flip a switch that opens the door. Reportedly, there is a ghost or spirit that will give you advice in defeating or deactivating the mithral golums on the next level. I never played NWN or HOTU with either class, so I can't confirm this from experience.

I just fought the Mithral golums to beat them. I did it with a high level monk and also with a Fighter/Red Dragon Disciple/Bard combo. I don't remember there being any particular trick to defeating the mithral golums.
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I just replayed this level!

I used Valen with Myrkal's golem smashing weapon as the front line combined with my cleric/mage using the Golem crasher device and Deekin used his song. I lured them to the bridge so the fight would be one at a time. If Valen got to half HP I would use a heal kit to boost him up. I used the recharging device to boost the golem crasher to 24 charges before the fight.

It's a tough fight for sure but doable.

Also a thief with a open lock skill that beats DC 42 can open that door but knock spell doesn't work .

Good luck!

[ 05-01-2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I got through the door on the 2nd level- where the ghost is- as a mage, though how I did it escapes me at this time. I recently got through as a druid using the rat trick. The rat trick is very useful, though sometimes they are not interested in talking. But seeing the ghost is the best way of getting past the golems to the makers lair. By the way, see a recent post on the maker for a new idea on how to defeat him. I need to try it myself some time.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote