Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 07-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Very Angry help dealing with revenants

I'm trying to get the Juggernaut armor and keep getting my butt handed to me by the revenants. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to deal with them? To me when they are alone ( from the vials) I can take them, but when the get some playmates they just mop me across the floor.
Any and all help is appreciated!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: help dealing with revenants

Revenants can eb tricky- you need to watch how much aggro your casters generate, because that undead has a tendency to target them, use their pull ability, then take them out.

Using obstacles helps immeasurably- interposing a column, or bookshelf, or gravestone between casters and the revenant is preferable.

Generally, take out the minions first, I'm assuming skeletal archers and swordsmen in this case. They drop faster and, if you can keep your tank(s) healed, they can last long enough to then fight the revenant directly.

Long and short: The revenant is vulnerable (and able to be taken down) alone, but with minions, you just won't be able to keep up with the damage they're putting out without losing characters.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

force field or hex with misses the revenant, mop up the minions.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree with all of the above.

The only things I would add are that a well positioned mage can use cone of cold to freeze both the revenant and some of its minions. And while the revenant is frozen, a rogue with the right talents can get in a lot of critical hits.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

Further to all of this...check out my method for taking down Ser Cauthrien and use it...(i.e when in doubt, kite!)
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Ah, kiting. I find it a bit cheezy myself, given most people with a little bit of common sense would stop chasing the rogue once the mage starts throwing spells.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I tend to agree, it feels a bit cheat-ish when you have to kite something. But then, I think it is now an accepted strategy :-/
Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

Notice I said when in doubt (meaning, when all else fails...)

If the AI is prone to falling foul to a strategy, why not use it I say. The game doesn't really have as much tactical depth as the infinity engine games anyway to really warrant any "deep" methods of play.

I may try winning that Ser Cauthrien fight by more "honourable" means this time with my rogue playthrough.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote