Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-05-2001, 07:04 AM   #1
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

ive heard that thje new x men movie is about to/ has started. Beast is in this one (yes!!) and so is the blob and i think the other charcters from the newer xmen cartoons that have been on

has anyone heard anything else or kno a site i can go to??

and my next question is what is peoples thoughts on the mixture of rouge and jubilee they used in the first movie.. yeah she has the powers and overall physical apperance of rouge but she also has the character relationship with wolverine that is known to be jubilees
any thoughts??
Old 11-05-2001, 07:36 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I wanna know when the take the kiddie gloves off Rouge(pun intended) and give her the ability to fly and kick butt..
They needed a scared teenager, but Jubilee probably wouldnt have fit into the story. They needed motivation for the heroes, so they used Rouge instead.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:15 AM   #3
Debaser

I'm pretty sure this site should have any info on X-Men 2 that's there to be had....

http://filmforce.ign.com/
Old 11-05-2001, 12:02 PM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I got seriously into The X-Men in the mid-eighties. During this time, the "original" cast had left (Cyclops/Marvel Girl/Beast/Angel). Storm had lost her powers thanks to Forge and was on a Quest to get them back - so Wolverine was the leader of the group.

This was before Jubilee and he and Rogue did seem to have a little something going on. There was nothing obvious, just little remarks here and there. This was during their conflict with the Marauders and shortly before the Fall of the Mutants crossover. After Storm got her powers back and rejoined the group, the Rogue/Wolverine thing seem to fade away.

Still a good point about the Jubilee tie-in though. I hadn't considered that aspect, but it is pretty obvious now that you mention it.

Now - here's a new question for the thread - who is your all-time favorite X-Man?
Old 11-05-2001, 12:11 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know about favorite character, but my favorite part in the movie was probably the special effects that Storm got to pull off when she was fighting toad-boy. She looked so freaking cool when she did that!
Old 11-05-2001, 12:36 PM   #6
Irongrinder

I was hoping Gambit would show up. He's still one of my favorite.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:56 PM   #7
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Rouge is my favorite. Her and the Cajun can really mix it up!! I like Morf to. Scotts not half bad either (great name!)

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]

Old 11-05-2001, 12:58 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

All time favorite is Wolverine. I like him because he isn't larger then life. He has the same character flaws that most people do while at the same time being able to kick a$$.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-05-2001, 01:01 PM   #9
MagiK

Got to be nit picky here [img]smile.gif[/img] Since Im an X-Men Fan from the 70's and 80's. Its "Rogue" [img]smile.gif[/img] Rouge is stuff wimmin put on their face [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jest thought Id add that little bit of tid.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 11-05-2001, 01:04 PM   #10
MagiK

Im not happy they mixed up the timeline With the characters, Kitty Pride and Collosus would have been great in this movie. Not to mention Havok,
Rogue as Rogue would have been nice, but Rogue as the mix of Jubilee and Rogue was kind of lame.