Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-01-2001, 08:27 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILERS ahead-

-----

------

----------

I found someone buried alive as my party was leaving Nalia's father's funeral. Got him out, he gave us his piece of red cloth and he ran off. We talked to the grave digger and he ran off.

Then wandering around the Bridge district we accidentally stumbled on the kidnapper/burying party. After the two killed the guy in red, my party chased them outside and did them in (mistake?). Now we've released the woman held upstairs and collected the ransom note, but I wondered if there isn't someone we need to report to? I considered going to the CC (where the ransom was to be paid) then wondered if it might be another trap, like Firkraag's.

Sheesh, I need another hobby! I'm starting to see conspiracy and intrigue in a computer game LOL!
Old 02-01-2001, 08:48 PM   #2
satan

you probably killed the contact long ago
at night they come in front of the copper corronet
its a dwarf and another dude

Old 02-01-2001, 08:59 PM   #3
Malla Gabriel

I think you done it all, I checked "done quests" in my journal after doing what you did and it was listed as done.
PS why were you think of getting the ransom money or telling the guy who was to pay. If the former, I though your party was good. If the later sorry for my last comment and I think she would of told them not to bother.

Old 02-01-2001, 09:15 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer - I think your done with that quest. Don't bother waiting outside the Copper Coronet for the ransom guy, I tried it and waited and waited and nobody ever showed up. I also tried all sorts of different times of night and still no go. So just move on I'd say. Did you do the orphan girl paladin quest in the Graveyard yet?
Old 02-01-2001, 09:16 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Malla Gabriel,

My party is a good aligned one (both are- one pc is chaotic good, the other neutral good) I was thinking I had to turn the bad guys in to some authority or other (sort of like Neb).

And yes, satan, I think I did do away with them quite awhile ago.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:18 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyzekke, haven't been there at night, but maybe the orphan shows up then? This is the first time I've hit the graveyard for either party.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:27 PM   #7
Malla Gabriel

Cloudbringer sorry if i annoyed you in some way.
I check my back up, and you don't need to turn them.
the two out side arn't the two, the contact is a man named Welther, he only apears at night if you didn't release the woman and have the note and is inside the Copper Coronet. He gives you a pair of Silver Pantaloons.

Old 02-01-2001, 09:28 PM   #8
Talieson

SPOILER...SPOILER...SPOILER

Go to the graveyard during the day. Find the Paladin who lost his son and is greaving because he thought it was his fault. Then find the Cleric with the orphan. Then go back and get the Paladin and lead him to the Orphan. Somebody gave me this tip the other night. I completed it last night. It may be the easiest 15000 exp you can get in this game.

Old 02-01-2001, 09:34 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Malla Gabriel: I'm not annoyed one bit! You had a perfectly valid question. I should use more smileys,I guess, but was thinking I over-use them already Thanks for the tip!

Talieson: I seem to have Confusion cast upon me, can you clear it up? I think I've seen your name spelled two ways (ending in -in or -on), pray tell me which is correct?! And while you're at it, mind adding one more bit of info? Like where, oh where, to find the orphan/cleric and whereabouts sir paladin awaits my party?
Old 02-01-2001, 09:43 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer, the orphan (and her temporary custodian) is located on the east side of the Graveyard map standing outside of a building (close to the the entrance to the graveyard; just enter and turn right). Talk to them, then look for the Paladin wandering around near that gravesite you dug up and rescued the buried alive guy.