Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-02-2000, 12:17 AM   #1
bpm07

My top spot goes to the guardian beholder, generally a nice "guy". I also like Yoshimo (probably cuz he was the only competent thief).

The one I hate the most though is the treacheourus (sic) Saemon. I have a blade with his name on it!

One of my duties is to scare possible thiefs and intruders away, so... bo!

Old 12-02-2000, 12:40 AM   #2
KDog2Rex

I have't made it though the game to the credits yet, but it sounds a lot like Jeremy Irons, to me.

Old 12-02-2000, 12:54 AM   #3
Magnus Magnificent

Jon Irenicus is played by David Warner. He's been in a ton of movies, and is definitely the 'coolest' character in the game. The artwork for Irenicus looks just like David Warner in "Time Bandits". Check it out!

Old 12-02-2000, 12:55 AM   #4
rip.slaughter

Irenicus..... What a voice!

I Agree with magness, it does sound like David Warner.... See my reply to Lokta, who's posted topic was "Question about Irenicus".

Old 12-02-2000, 05:03 AM   #5
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Well, I'm waiting for things to happen at my lab so I'll raise another poll. Topic of the day - who is the coolest character in the game, NPC, enemies and innocent bystanders included?

My vote would go to Jierdan Firkraag, but I also liked Soulafein (sp?), the drow with a conscience. Actually I like Irenicus as well, but only 'cause the cutscenes are so intense. Anyone know what actor is doing the voice of Irenicus? I recognize it but I can't put my finger on it.
Old 12-02-2000, 06:15 AM   #6
Armisael

Heh, two in one hour. Irenicus' voice actor played a villain in several Warner Bros. cartoons. Don't know the name. I liked Irenicus, despite everyone's objections to the BG2 plot. Plot aside, I thought he made for a very good villain. Now, the first character I need to list is the beholder in the Sahauguin City. He gets special credit for being a floating eye-creature with a sense of humour. Then there's Solaufein, Renal Bloodscalp (of all people), Ribald Barterman for his conversations with that dwarf bloke, those Duergar merchants in the Underdark, the head Svirfneblin, Jaheira (don't even think about saying it), Jan Jansen, Korgan, Edwin, Jierdan Firkraag, Cromwell, everyone in that merchant group on the second floor of the Den of Seven Vales, the right-hand-man of the Fallen Paladin group in the bridge district whose name starts with an 'A'... eh, there's probably many more, but I can't think of them offhand.

Old 12-02-2000, 11:17 AM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

The voice of Jon Irenicus sounds suspiciously like David Warner.

I've seen him in a number of roles, alothough the only one that comes to mind at this moment is that of Admiral Tolwyn in the Wing Commander movie. I think that he had a small speaking role in one of the cutscenes in the Privateer 2 computer game towards the end.
Old 12-02-2000, 01:00 PM   #8
KDog2Rex

I gotta say that I'm waay fond of Minc, I know he gets annoying, but he's so great! He's at his mad-russian best when he hides in the shadows, "None can see me...though my battle cry might give me away!" One of hte single best lines in the game, I think!

Old 12-02-2000, 02:06 PM   #9
GideonRaine

Yeah the guy doing Irenicus sounds very familiar, i can picture his face, but can't remember his name, he's been in LOTS of movies, he's and old english guy i think

Old 12-02-2000, 04:01 PM   #10
cleric

I like Imoen because she is a good mage , great stats .

Nik The Cleric / Ice Mage .