Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 02-10-2002, 09:39 PM   #91
Murmandamus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Q. I'm having trouble targeting moving creatures like Bats or a weed that's behind other creatures.

A. Just hold down Ctrl and it will pause the animations making them easy to select/target. May only work in phased mode?
Murmandamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 07:20 AM   #92
a_silent_lamb
Welcomed New User

Change Formation in Combat

You may probably know: you can keep changing formation in the middle of a round (ie. even you have started a round). Very good if you want to move characters in front line to frank a second before the end of a round, because for instance all monsters in the front are dead.
a_silent_lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 08:40 PM   #93
Zuljin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can right click the up arrows when adding to stats and attributes, etc and it will automatically raise it as high as possible!?.
Zuljin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 06:11 PM   #94
V^^^^V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One of the things I like to do, especially when the enemy group has a lot of casters or missile users is to run around a courner. If they can't see me they cant hit me usually. I like for them to come to me. If you pick a good spot, only a few can come around the courner at a time and it makes it very easy to kill them off.
V^^^^V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 06:20 PM   #95
V^^^^V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Elementals in a can come in very handy. Want to make a hard fight easy? Give all your party members one and sit back and watch the fun.
Old 02-23-2002, 07:12 AM   #96
Psycho
Dungeon Master

Hi wizpeople out there,

This is something you can only use while forming your party, but keeping some things in mind can work wonders.

I haven't seen this tip in here... so...

You might have noticed that after you selected walk/run in combat, your characters attack/cast/... in the order they are in. (i.e. top left-top right-.... - bottom right)

Now... when creating your party.

* put your bard/bishop or other char with disabling possibilities in the last position. This way you can cast sleep/insanity/freeze/web/...
at the end of a round. The round the enemy wakes up/... they lose their first or even all attacks. You don't want to get them to sleep and then your last char wakes them up again = wasted turn. Doing this each round can let you finish tough fights without even taking a scratch.

* put your chars with insta-kills before your heavy damage fighter/lord/valkyrie/rogue = they always get a strike, even against weaker enemies before the others finish them, so their skills go up faster + you want to give them a chance to instakill before your tanks move in.

This of course is only true after walk/run, where initiative has no/low effect.
Many of you might already use this, but if you didn't... remember it when you form your next party.

Sorry, this post became a bit longer than intended.

Signed,
one sick Psycho
Old 02-23-2002, 08:05 AM   #97
Psycho
Dungeon Master

Tip to identify items... especially before getting the identify spell.

powders/potions: save game - use to see effects - restore game
You can use them even if not identified!

armor/weapons: just equip to see effects (few cursed items in early game), or put in party inventory, get to a merchant (Burz first chance), and check out what he will give you for it... it should be clear if one of them is special (u don't get the full price, but it will be a lot higher than the others).

Just equip it to see the effects... your skills will raise, even without knowing what u r using.

Signed,
one sick Psycho
Old 02-23-2002, 06:22 PM   #98
V^^^^V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As you all know by now(well I guess you all know it) your defensive spells like armor plate will affect all friendly/green npcs around you when you cast them. This also includes anything you summoned. Did you know that you can also heal and cast other benifical spells on any friendly that's in range? This includes healing, superman and guardian angel to name a few. I like to cast these on my elementals to make them even tougher in a big fight.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:01 AM   #99
Nordoki
Dungeon Master

It has been wisely pointed out how you can gain more skill points in Wizardry and Earth spells by having one of your magic casters use the Knock Knock spell on the lock in the bank.

Additionally you can pick-up some extra spell points by casting Enchanted Blade and Light at the lowest setting each time before you rest. Nothing will tell you you have gained any additional knowledge, but you will see your spell points slowly advance in Fire and Divine as you do this.

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: Nordoki ]

Old 02-24-2002, 01:08 PM   #100
Invar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you miss the detailed info about what you're hitting with and being hit by that Wiz7 provided? You can get it in Wiz8! Just go to Page 3 of the Options and check the "verbose" box.
Invar is offline   Reply With Quote