Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2001, 11:41 AM   #1
Fribble
Welcomed New User

Well as you probably know i'm a newbie to the forum. With that said i would like to say "WHAT'S UP ALL!"

Well I actually don't even have the game but i'm getting it come Christmas though with the entire Black Isle Studios collection. Until then I want to here your stories of guts and glory! So hurry up and post (looking at the calendar is getting boring)!
Old 11-24-2001, 02:10 AM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I really think battle at the Iron Throne headquarters is one of the most satisfying because it is tough and it takes longer than most. The four dwarven warders at Durlag's is also very good... hmm, what else?... Aec Letec... Karoug et al on Balduran's Island...
Old 11-24-2001, 09:02 AM   #3
Midget Gems

Fribble, its good to hear that you are going to get the whole game set. It should keep you going for months (manybe even years).

One of my favorite battles is the "bar-room brawl" where Gorpel Hind and his men join in for a big punch-up. It's especially fun if you get twice the enemy to fight against. Once both teams have summoned their minnions, then the room is packed with action of all types.

I thank that one of the most difficult areas is the Theives Maze, there are just so many tough enemies in there.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:59 AM   #4
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

MG is that a BG2 encounter? I still haven't done most of the BG city quests but I don't see a search for Gorpel Hind turning anything up on the BG1/Tales walkthrough file I have.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:58 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Nope, that fight's in BG1 all right, Lemernis--takes place in one of the inns in BG city. (Not saying which, to avoid potential mini-spoilers) Gorpel Hind is also an adventurer with a party of 4; they're not very high-level, or very smart, but that's OK--they're on YOUR side. Assembled against you are Gretek and his Brawlers of the Undermountain, and of course their summoned monsters and skeletons. These guys are tough, and they've got some neat equipment. (I once read a site that was discussing the Summon Cow spell:

"Reminds me of the time I turned the lobby of [name of inn] into an abbotoir, with 3 dead cows, 11 dead humans, 6 dead xvarts, and at least 14 dead skeletons. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to preserve a screenshot of the uplifting spectacle--it was precious."

A word of warning about this fight, though: Often the bartender will turn hostile to you afterwards, even though you didn't lay a finger on him, or any other innocents. Try staging the fight out of his line of vision, that might keep him friendly.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:10 PM   #6
Midget Gems

Nice one Six. Have you ever tried the 'Double Trouble' version of this fight. That's twice the fun and twice the items to collect - but it's one hell of a fight.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:46 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hmm, that fight is real, cuz you get the best battle axe, (NOT INCLUDING TOTSC).
Glad to know you want your gaming info. I tend to like the Bar Fight, as well as fight outside of the cloakwood mines. Very good use of spells there. I think its the battle song mostly, cuz that, in my opinion, is the best song. I like the gorion fight, but you don't partake in it.
Hmm, the Iron throne fight at the top is also fun.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 03:31 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

My favorite is the bar fight as well. You get some nice items out of it too.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 06:26 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

I love the final battle with Sarevok. Hide in shadows, backstab, oil of speed, run to the other side of the room, hide in shadows, backstab, game over.

Brilliant
Old 11-24-2001, 06:31 PM   #10
Campino

You make it sound so easy arledrian..

Bet it wasn't easy the first time