Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 02:28 PM   #1
SPIDER-MAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Old 11-22-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

No.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 04:45 AM   #3
Zbyszek

No
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 09:37 AM   #4
Debaser

not unless you want your party utterly annihilated.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:57 AM   #5
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

You most definitely can get the experience required to take on Durlag's before doing all the BG city quests. No question about that if you're playing with Dark Side installed (DS adds 5 new major quests)! I'm playing that way right now actually--this time around I want to do all the city stuff last. But even without Dark Side you could easily gain enough experience needed for Durlag's from all the quests to south of Cloakwood plus Ice Island and Balduran's Island. I mean, just from the plotline quests you would be at level 5 by the time you get access to the big city in chapter 5.

Success in Durlag's depends on what level you are. Durlag's would be very tough for a party at level 4 or lower (you could conceivably do it if you're already familiar with Durlag's). Level 5 you could make it, but would be very hard. Level 6 or higher is preferable.
Old 11-25-2001, 07:11 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It can be done, but it's not easy.

I played BG through to just before the Cloakwood mines and lost interest. After seeing TotSC for sale I bought and installed it. Before going to BG I went to and finished Durlag's tower. I didn't do it to be tough, but had some problems entering BG after crossing the bridge (their are threads here about the silly reason why), and thought I was suppose to finish the expansion first...lol.

At least that's the way I remember it.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:26 AM   #7
SPIDER-MAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the helpful hints in durlag's. I finally got through it and i think the chess game was by far the hardest. My theif Imoen got in the last hit on the Demonknight. Oh well at least I got through it.
I do have one question not game related How do you attached animated pictures to your messages? I've seen several here and i think it is pretty cool.....

Thanks again for the advice through Durlag's
Old 11-26-2001, 03:56 AM   #8
Zbyszek

There is no difference animated or not. You have to have that picture at some server/web page (if you dont have own place you can ask guys in General Discussion).Then you edit your signature in profile to include that gif or whatever it is. (do edit at people posts to see how it works)

Hmm, sorry it seems that it function to edit other posts is disabled,
it goeas like
{IMG}http://.....{/IMG} (I put { instead of [)
Old 11-27-2001, 10:37 PM   #9
chinese noodle
Manshoon

i have done it coming out of nashkel mines, but that was with my level
9/14 fighter/mage (dual) from bg2. it was pretty hard, but not REALLY hard