Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Minor Spoilers ?

Hi out there !

I am confused: I kept reading here that the boots of speed gave an extra attack per round to their wearer, but I thought that was a complete nonsense, since for one the item description does not mention it and my pc fighter/mage (level 9/18) was wearing them and did not gain any extra attack. But now I have realized that the other fighters in my party (Minsc and Jaheira) do indeed gain an extra half attack per round with those boots on them, seemingly regardless of the weapon they are wielding. I could understand that the effect is limited to fighters/warriors, but what about my pc ?

A related question: following the previous progression one could assume that warriors are due to gain an additional half attack per round upon reaching level 19 (1-7-13-19 ?). Well, that has not happened with Minsc. Unfortunately, the manual is very sloppy and incomplete with regards to questions like that.

Having being above the cap for quite some time now, I have tried twice to download the level 50 rule set from teambg, but they would not let me. Do you have to register with teambg to download from their site ?

Thanks in advance for your input !

------------------
So long !

Old 03-04-2001, 04:13 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Regarding Boots of Speed, I've noticed for my berserker/mage or fighter/thief (as well as NPCs like Minsc) if they have 3 1/2 attacks, once they put on Boots of Speed, they now have 4 attacks and walk slightly faster.
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the advancing rules, therefore I cannot comment on the attack rates at lvl 19.
As for the lvl 50 exp cap remover, I've got mine from:
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.htm
Never really figured out if it was working properly though, my primary intention is to take out the exp cap.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 05:25 PM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Thanks for your prompt reply, Accord.

I just downloaded the level 50 exp cap remover from the site you had given me the link to. I had alreay installed the simple exp cap remover from Ironworks, but that was only one edited file for the override folder while this one is basically a complete newly edited override folder, so, provided it works, it really should do/fix a lot more than just take out the cap.

Btw, your fighters got 3 1/2 attacks per round without the boots (and dual-wielding I take it) ? How ? Through grand mastery ?

One more question: I have read here many times that you get an extra attack per round if your actual weapon speed factor goes down to zero due to modifiers.
Is that true ? And if so, why does not the Bone Blade dagger that has got a speed factor of zero to begin with give you an extra attack ?

Thanks, again .

------------------
So long !

Old 03-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, "dual weilding is the way to go!!" Since I have several runs with my PC for the game, he is wielding Crom Faeyr on his off hand and either Daystar or Celestial Fury on the main hand, 3 slots are spent on weapon style dual weild, and I think 4 (or one of them might be 3) points each on hammer and longsword. I did dual him at high level, 15 if not mistaken since I have the exp cap removed. I have other berserker/mages, but they usually only have 3 attacks per round w/o the boots, so the effect is wasted.
As for the attack speed, I normally take the time factor of a round (which is what?? 9 or 10 or some other unknown number? ) divid by the speed factor of the weapon to use as a rule of thumb for number of basic attacks you get per round. But like I said, this is only an estimate.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!