Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

Ziroc,
On some boards I go to they have a special set of tags for spoilers. They set the forground and background color to be the same, so to read it you have to highlight the text. Is it possible to set something like this up here?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:12 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I think it is possible on every forum. Let me try:

Does it work ---------->Higlihght for spoilers
Old 07-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:

Yes I know it can be done with HTML. On other forums it can be done with a simple [spoiler][/spoiler] command.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:51 PM   #4
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
does it work
yes it does

--------------------
Old 07-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:

Yes I know it can be done with HTML. On other forums it can be done with a simple [spoiler][/spoiler] command. [/QUOTE]Oh. I think that your idead would be better
Old 07-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Ziroc,
On some boards I go to they have a special set of tags for spoilers. They set the forground and background color to be the same, so to read it you have to highlight the text. Is it possible to set something like this up here?
No, but what Xen did works. I HAVE been looking for that code (mod) for the forum though--as well as the one to insert a Neverwinter Nights code scrollbox. I'd REALLY like that.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-29-2003, 03:27 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yah, I think I've seen it on Yabbe boards and such but not on any ubb boards. Must have to do some tinkering to get that for us.

Z, had you considered an ICON for messages like the ones we have now, something that indicates spoilers in a thread in addition to the word SPOILER in the topic title?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:30 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yah, I think I've seen it on Yabbe boards and such but not on any ubb boards. Must have to do some tinkering to get that for us.

Z, had you considered an ICON for messages like the ones we have now, something that indicates spoilers in a thread in addition to the word SPOILER in the topic title?
Yes, I'v seen forum where they have a posticon for spoiler topics and one for topics with images (high bandwith). It seem to work well.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:53 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Luvian, that's what I was thinking of. I wonder if it would be helpful? You think people would learn to use them in the Game forums? I expect they would.

edit....hmmm.. I miss my sig pic already! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! dunno, Z, I think I'm spoiled by our sigs and now not seeing them it looks bare nekkid! LOL

[ 07-29-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-30-2003, 05:16 PM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

The problem with such an icon is that people often spoile even though there is no spoiler request, simply to show off their knowledge. So a thread without a spoiler icon is not a guarantee that it is spoiler free. But yes I would like to see something different than:
Quote:
spoiler
Blah blah blah
What a complete waste of space and it makes the thread so much harder to read.