Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-22-2001, 10:21 AM   #1
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Another question.

Since much of the rest of the game involves hunting for Imoen, does anyone know what happens if she dies in Chapter 1, when you are trying to get out of Irenicus' prison, and is not resurrected?

Do the Cowled Wizards take someone else with Irenicus to Spellhold?

Or does the game make it impossible for Imoen to die?

This has not happened to me or anyone I know. I was just wondering....
Old 08-22-2001, 10:24 AM   #2
Redblueflare
Galvatron

The game makes it impossible for her to die. My *unique* friend Shane figured this out when he attacked her himself. When she gets to 1 hp she leaves the dungeon screaming "I'm not going to die here i'm not!" Or something of that nature. Everything after that happens as normal.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
The game makes it impossible for her to die. My *unique* friend Shane figured this out when he attacked her himself.

That is a unique approach, indeed. I approve of his pragmatic approach to problem solving.

I haven't finished the game yet -- on chapt. 6, actually -- but I am very suspicious of Imoen cause I couldn't figure how SHE gets out of her cage in Irenicus's dungeon. Im convinced she is a plant, and this "poor me, my soul is gone" spiel of hers is an act, a cunning ruse.

So I assume that if she gets to 1 hp, she runs out of the dungeon and you hook up with her there when you leave?
Old 08-22-2001, 10:36 AM   #4
Redblueflare
Galvatron

No when you leave the dungeon everthing happens as normal. Irenicus and Imoen are both taken away by cowled wizards.
P
O
S
S
I
B
L
E
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Imoen is not a plant. She has actually lost her soul. Have you played through BG? She was a thief after all. The shadow thief attack probably gave her the time she needed to get out of her cage.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 10:50 AM   #5
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
No when you leave the dungeon everthing happens as normal. Irenicus and Imoen are both taken away by cowled wizards.
P
O
S
S
I
B
L
E
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Imoen is not a plant. She has actually lost her soul. Have you played through BG? She was a thief after all. The shadow thief attack probably gave her the time she needed to get out of her cage.

No, I have not played through BG2. I said so in my post.

But I am sorta relieved to know that the game is not THAT devious. Still I didn't take her into the party cause she was so far behind every one else in levels. That is, I suppose, my fault as it took me forever to collect the 20k gold cause because I was spending it on items and scrolls and stuff so I could do quests and kill liches and so on.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:55 AM   #6
hagimihale
Manshoon

I read on some BG2 spoiler site that her girdle prevents her from being killed, that's why you can't remove it even if you try. Havent tried to prove or disprove that theory tho.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:55 AM   #7
Lord Shield

She cannot die in Chapter 1 because of the unremovable item she wears (a belt I think) - she does not have this when you rescue meet with her again

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-22-2001, 01:29 PM   #8
Jake
Banned User

I wonder what that girdle is... how did she get it...

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 01:31 PM   #9
Cleric 2
Manshoon

What If you remove it whit the shadow keeper?

I give Imoen in chapter 4 her belt back , I just want to be sure that my little sisie wont die
Old 08-22-2001, 02:15 PM   #10
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Hey Terence when I said BG. I meant the original Baldurs Gate. BG2 is Baldur's Gate 2. So it's the belt that keeps her alive? I didn't know that! No wonder you can never take it off!

------------------