Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 10:00 PM   #1
One-Eyed Jack

Where can you find weapons such as...

-Ras +2, The Dancing Blade
-Blade of Searing +2
-Good Clubs

Does anyone recommend the druid class as the class to play? Just curious, they have some extremely useful spells (Ironskin, Insect Plague, etc. etc.) Plus some really cool kits, a.k.a. the werewolf kit, the shapechanger kit, and the avenger kit. They seem really cool but noone seems to play them that much. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 11-17-2000, 10:07 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Where can you find weapons such as...
-Ras +2, The Dancing Blade
-Blade of Searing +2
-Good Clubs

Ras +2 don't remember...maybe in Spellhold dungeon? Armisael help me out here, I never specialized in scimitars.
Blade of Searing +2 in the Underdark

I've never tried an Avenger but I intend to. If you want to check out a shapechanger try having Cernd in your party. I think you'll quickly find out that development potential is limited because you can't wear any armor and your best offensive form is in the shape of a Greater Werewolf which you can only change into once a day. Plus I don't know if you can initiate dialogue in that form.
Old 11-17-2000, 10:16 PM   #3
One-Eyed Jack

In Jaheira's case, you could be a Fighter/Druid and still get all the good druid spells, wear the best armor, and be a FAIRLY decent fighter on top of that! You could even specialize in a good weapon, and just dual class, the druid levels extremely quickly and you would be almost unstopable bieng a druid using a vorpral sword, grandmaster 2h, boots of speed, good plate, and other assorted good items, PLUS IRONSKIN! I would say you would definitely be unstopable. You couldn't be hit because of your high AC, you would be doing massive damage, and even if they DID hit you, look at how many skins that they have to get through! I never really thought about it, but that class config could be very useful and deadly!

Old 11-17-2000, 10:26 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Only problem is that druids kind of lose out at the top levels because they can't go higher than level 14 (even if you remove the XP Cap they don't get the benefits and abilities of Hierophants). Only problem with multiclassing is that you increase in level too slowly. Are you sure you can dual class into a druid? I might check up on that.

But still I agree with your point about Jaheira, you can turn her into a tank pretty easily.
Old 11-17-2000, 10:28 PM   #5
One-Eyed Jack

You could be a druid and DUAL class, but I don't know about a fighter to a druid.. It might be hard, but would be well worth it.

Old 11-17-2000, 10:51 PM   #6
Armisael

I'm stumped. I have absolutely no idea where you get the dancing blade; my guess is you buy it from somewhere (shrinks slightly).
Good clubs... the Root of the Problem - bad name, excellent club - can only be obtained if your main character is a druid. Otherwise the Gnasher is quite good, you get it from one of the druids in the Trademeet quest.

I like druids a lot; I've never played one as a main character, since you get a perfectly good one right at the beginning, but it'd be a cold day in hades before I dropped Jaheira. Level her up a couple of times and you have one of the strongest summons in the game, as well as insect plague, the best mage disabling tool this side of Faerun.

Old 11-18-2000, 12:11 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

No, the scimitar you get from the Dao Djinn is Rashad's Talon +2. Not Ras +2 which is the dancing blade. I just can't remember where I got it from - maybe the spellhold asylum but I'm guessing.

The Spear of Impaling is one of the best weapons you can get in the game, period. Kind of like a Staff of Striking with infinite charges.
Old 11-18-2000, 10:47 AM   #8
Aeris

You find the Dancing Blade in Trademeet.I think you get it from the dao djinni after finishing a quest to kill a efreet OR one of the shopkeepers has it.

Old 11-18-2000, 10:51 AM   #9
Arachnia Vandriel

Another option is to be a ranger and dual to a cleric, cos then you get access to all the spells, druis and cleric, plus you can wear any armour, downside is the cleric weapon restriction and the lack of the druid special abilities, no great loss in my eyes

Old 11-18-2000, 11:16 AM   #10
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

my druid (Jahera)is currently using the best spear ( i have found so far in the game) its kinda cool when you can do a 1d6+3+10piercing damage... druids have limited options for weapons since they are so strong when it comes for casting spells