Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Grimgor Ironhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

with the party i'm currently using, the gadgeteer will be making tripleshots for the rogue and ranger. should i make one for the bard as well, or just stick with the sling shot? i use instruments most of the time until stamina is real low, then i start shooting. thanks in advance for the advice.
\"I\'m gonna stomp \'em to dust. I\'m gonna grind their bones. I\'m gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I\'m gonna pile \'em up inna big fire and roast \'em. I\'m gonna bash \'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An\' den I\'m gonna get really mean.\"<br /><br />Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss
Grimgor Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Grimgor Ironhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my rogue will have dex maxed at lvl 10 and vit maxed at lvl 13. my ninja will have dex maxed at lvl 16 and vit maxed at lvl 17. where would be a good place to train iron skin, reflextion and stealth? since i plan on power training stealth, should i put points into it when i level, or just let it advance through use? i realize this has nothing to do with bards and ranged weapons, but i just remembered i wanted to ask this and didn't want to start a new topic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I\'m gonna stomp \'em to dust. I\'m gonna grind their bones. I\'m gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I\'m gonna pile \'em up inna big fire and roast \'em. I\'m gonna bash \'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An\' den I\'m gonna get really mean.\"<br /><br />Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss
Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Well, if you're not going to train them until L17, there's not much left to do it with, maybe go back to the monastery and let some Metallic Slimes shoot at you for a few hours (days in game)
Or try to spawn some Winged Serpents, they stand back and shoot a lot. I don't think the nice shooty mosquitoes go up that high, so the swamp would probably only get you a bunch of Oozites and 'Mares. Oozites might help a bit though, they're good for caster practise, too.

I remember my favorite training session was with two groups of Millipedes that i dragged together in Marten's Bluff, but i was L13/14 for that.

By the way, Why Iron Skin???

If your Bard has a lot of points in Throw, that's good for Bombs and Dusts. A Wrist Rocket with good stones is nice. But if your Throw is low, and you're low enough level that switching would be worth it, the 3X Xbows are very deadly, even with Hunter Quarrels. And maybe that's a good reason to have maxxed Vit--they suck up Stamina like mad.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
Grimgor Ironhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the advice. i'm getting iron skin for the rogue and ninja since those two will be the tank types.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
TinyMage
Dungeon Master

Fastest way to train iron skin is by stacking health regeneration items on a character and putting them in the front, finding some low level monsters that are cornered, and leaving the game on overnight.

If you happened to leave any of the low level enemies in the monastary ( for instance the 3 roaches in the jail cell ) then that would be the perfect place to train. Otherwise you are going to have to stand by with a healer and heal your character.

Iron skin trains pretty slowly in my experience.
TinyMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

If you are training them in stealth no one will be swinging at them when they get to a high enough level, therefore ther is no need for iron skin. After their stealth gets high enough most ranged attacks will go at the bard and gadg. You may want to have someone trained in throwing for toxic clouds and death bombs.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
Grimgor Ironhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i've noticed that iron skin trains pretty slowly as well. had a lizardman fighter with vit 100 at level 6 and str 100 at level 9. by level 14, powerstrike was almost double iron skin. of course, i usually kill things before they get a chance to hit me. i'm using the ninja to throw things.

about what level can i expect my characters to be for the endgame in a 6 person party with 2 rpcs?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Grimgor Ironhide:
about what level can i expect my characters to be for the endgame in a 6 person party with 2 rpcs?
Been a while, but I think my characters were all somewhere around level 20 when I finished the game. Six characters and two RPCs; none of my characters did any class changes.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I think i was level 25-26 when i finished my first game. This was my only game with a full party (6+2). But i played it without any wolkthrough or help, so it took a lot more time (and more fights) than a normal game.

Let's think. My usual 4 character games end around level 26. In that range, you gain 4 levels when you double your experience. so for a party of double size, it would be level 22 (or less, since higher levels + hard difficulties means highler level monsters).
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote