Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-08-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
Gefallen

For kicks, I made a ninja and a monk and got both of them to about 8 or so Kung Fu. I always see that they "swing" and hit well, but never a punch or a kick, and never multiple hits despite their training in double attack.

Is there something I am missing?

Gef
Old 01-08-2001, 04:26 PM   #2
Moni

VERY GOOD QUESTION! I'll be watching for answers myself!
Old 01-08-2001, 04:28 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

How are they equipped??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 04:31 PM   #4
Gefallen

Wyv:

At present I have the monk and ninja fully decked out in plate and with open hands for attacks. I have also tried them naked and robed, but see no difference.

Ill keep raising their skill and hope that something comes of it. The ninja does get critical strikes with the hand though, so at least that works.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Gef
Old 01-08-2001, 05:08 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Will try to pay special attention to Zenmaster Dingal who is dressed in Ninja garb and weaponless. Critcal strike, huh. . . don't know if I have it.
Old 01-10-2001, 12:44 AM   #6
Lily the Ranger

So Kung Fu will work with second weapon? The book is kind of nebulous about what attacks are for weapons and what are for KF. Tis implied under the role of monk that she would do best without weapons and armor. Am planning to make my new character, Lucinda, BARBARIAN > SAMURAI > NINJA > ZEN MASTER. But with a vampire twist. Thanks for all the vampire info! With four to five characters I am sure it will go faster . . . after piecing out who would ascend to what, I think the dwarf will be the one dropped . . . just couldn't see him as a vampire . . . go for the knees Cassio! As I said before Dingal had no armor just his special ninja jammies and his AC was low but he seldom took hits. Lucinda will be so BAD in black.

Old 01-10-2001, 05:58 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

The same thing happened to my pixie monk, but the second time around I had a gnome monk, and then I discovered that the doesn't get his second attack when he is overloaded. (As soon as he's yellow.) Since it's very easy for a pixie to get overloaded, I thought that was the explanation. But there might be more factors. Perhaps dexterity plays a role as well; what's yours?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 10:15 AM   #8
adam mage

that's because he had no legs in the adventure

ok when you check your character's status/inventory... what is he doing, how is he equipped, and are there other items?
Old 01-10-2001, 11:23 AM   #9
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Friends,

Kung Fu is basically just another way to do damage, and unlike weapon skills (which dont go up in damage, only ability to hit), the higher Kung Fu level you get, the more damage. Basically put, if you want to use Kung Fu, get it up to lev 12 and don't mess around.

I did see a "punch and kick" ever. One person wrote that and maybe it does exist, but I don't think so.

I have noticed a high kung fu person will get extra attacks during battles at times. Another thing is if you get 2nd strike as well, you can equip a secondary weapon, then you will have a strong punch and an attack with the second weapon. My vampire elf has a suped up Main Gauche +2 (one of the best secondary weapons), which hits for close 50 HPD, and her physical strike does 20-35. So, its pretty good I feel.

I do notice not having heavy armor will keep your speed up, and therefore giving you extra attacks. I used to see her asa Ninja getting up to three times as many attacks as all other characers, part of this being a Vampire and it being night, but it does have a lot of affect.

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 02:09 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, second play through:

The only time I've seen Kung Fu "kick in" (pun intended) with the secondary punch-kick is AFTER Brimloch Roon. Don't ask me why. As soon as my high-level Kung Fu characters (Ninja and Assassin) got past Brimloch Roon and into the Enchanted Sea area, they were both punching and kicking. The Assassin is level 16 and the Ninja is level 17, so I don't know if a level has anything to do with it. Maybe it's a bug in the game; you can't punch-kick until you get into the 3rd sector.

Anyone else notice this?

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote