Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-08-2001, 07:49 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I hope they make a new serie without any of the normal hereoes in it.. Would be a disaster..

If they decide to do something a normal adventurer gamg could be nice to see..

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-08-2001, 07:59 AM   #12
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

This has a great deal of potential. Imagine just how goood it could be if done well. Could we end up seeing heros such as Elminster and Drizzt on our screens? Places like the Sea of Swords, Calimshan and Baldur's Gate?

On the other hand, it could turn out to be a complete mess.

I suppose we shall have to wait and see.

------------------

Paladin in the court of Lady Lioness

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 10-08-2001, 11:43 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

My money's on the 'complete mess' scenario.
If I don't expect anything, I won't be disappointed.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 11:46 AM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
This has a great deal of potential. Imagine just how goood it could be if done well. Could we end up seeing heros such as Elminster and Drizzt on our screens? Places like the Sea of Swords, Calimshan and Baldur's Gate?

On the other hand, it could turn out to be a complete mess.

I suppose we shall have to wait and see.

Oh god, NOT Elmunchkin and Drizzt, they're both a bit too mighty, if I was going to watch it, it would have to have heroes that got wounded, made wrong decisions now and then, didn't defeat all foes with a single spell and had to flee sometimes, you know, like characters in an actual PnP game.

Old 10-08-2001, 11:56 AM   #15
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Oh god, NOT Elmunchkin and Drizzt, they're both a bit too mighty, if I was going to watch it, it would have to have heroes that got wounded, made wrong decisions now and then, didn't defeat all foes with a single spell and had to flee sometimes, you know, like characters in an actual PnP game.

You really dislike Elminster don't you Neb?

I do agree, though. It would be much more interesting to have an original (and fallible) group of heroes, with the mighty figures of The Forgotten Realms making an occasional cameo appearance.

------------------

Paladin in the court of Lady Lioness

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 10-08-2001, 11:58 AM   #16
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
You really dislike Elminster don't you Neb?

I do agree, though. It would be much more interesting to have an original (and fallible) group of heroes, with the mighty figures of The Forgotten Realms making an occasional cameo appearance.

How observant of you, yes, I REALLY dislike Elmunchkin, he's too strong and mighty and protected by the gods, it makes me sick, I ALWAYS try to kill him when I meet him in any of the BG games, it was one thing I had hoped would be in the expansion for BG2:SoA, a chance to kill Elmunchkin.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

Sorcerer of Lady Lioness' Court.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"