Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #71
Riftmaker
Elminster

3. Some NPC are not as useful as before. Mira and GOTO are good example of not-so-useful characters.

I haven't used G0T0 yet, but I found Mira to be quite handy. Being a Scout she gains massive damage bonuses with ranged weapons. Give her two fully upgraded Onasi blasters and she's good to go.

4. More female NPCs, and some are rather good. For example Handmaiden and Visas. But the romance part not fully developed or I missed the trigger for the romance. I did manage to get Visas to fall for my male Jedi but never did manage to get Handmaiden. It would be fun to get BOTH of them to fall in love for my male Jedi.

Can't. A trigger prevents Handmaiden from liking you if you get with Visas.

5. The influence thingy is nicely done. I managed to covert MOST of my party members to the light side except GOTO, Keira and HK-47.

Kreia is a witch hag, and Driod alignment never changes.

7. Never did managed to get any of the party member to gain light mastery. I wonder if it is possible to do so...

No. Only the main character can gain "mastery"

9. Darth Sion and Darth Nihilous are bunch of over-bloated wuss... too easy to strike down. None of them even bother to zap me with force lightning thingy.

The AI for all force using enemies SUCKS the big one. All they do is attack you with lightsabres.

13. Did you know that Mandalore is Canderous(?)? If not, then you should have paid more attention to Kiera before finishing her off.

Yes. You can figure it out like the instant you meet him and he starts going off about clan Ordo. Plus the voice is the same.

14. After all these years, Bastila still look better comparing to Handmaiden. Revan (he) must be crazy to leave her alone. But then, Jedis are a weird bunch of people, aren't they?

Considering that holo is at least 5 years old, appearances will change. But hey, Jedi are practically ageless to begin with.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 AM   #72
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I got my droid dark side, both handmaiden and visa liked me, and I'm pretty sure one of my npcs got dark side mastery. It's even one of the Sith Lord's bonus, raising character's dark side aligment to help them get the mastery, as the game describe it.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #73
Thoran
Galvatron

I like Sith Lords... they taste like chicken. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"One Sith lord... lightsabre barbeque'd"

I guess I shouldn't be saying that since I'll be starting my dark side character soon. lol
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #74
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Thanks for some of the explanations. Additional spoilers and comments:

1. GOTO droid is REALLY GOTO "himself".

2. Never had the chance to install the "pacifist module" in HK-47. Must has been some dialog option that I missed or maybe I have not gain enough influence with him.

3. People were saying that Kreia killed all your companions in Malachor V but before she died, she reveal the future and the fate of your companions, which I believe that their fate is somehow tied to your alignment. Of course since a big chunk of the subplot is truncated from Malachor V, I could only speculate this. Or maybe it is because I "cleaned" out all the minions before facing her, therefore the ending assumes that I indeed went to their rescue.

4. The instant swoop win exploit would not work for the PC version, as far as I can tell...

5. The Handmaiden robe duplication exploit works on BOTH of the platforms.

6. The same goes for the visas-lightsaber-duplication bug exploit.

7. The uber experience exploit in Korriban works for both of the platforms too.

8. Save your game before talking to merchants. If you don't like their inventory selections, reload and talk to them again. This only work for the introduction/initial conversation. After that, all of their wares will remain the same except for the stuff that you sold them. Might work if you talk to them first and then save the game before asking to browse their wares for the first time but I have never managed to get this to work. It would be better to quicksave before the initial conversation.

that's all for now.

[ 03-09-2005, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 03-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #75
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
1. GOTO droid is REALLY GOTO "himself".

2. Never had the chance to install the "pacifist module" in HK-47. Must has been some dialog option that I missed or maybe I have not gain enough influence with him.
Yes, GOTO is the missing republic droid from the first planet you visit.

I installed the HK-47 Pacifist module, he became all nice and anti violence, your character freak out and remove it, but the experience give hk some hindsight on how human emotions work, so he get some bonus, I forgot what it was.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:27 AM   #76
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The bonus was Wisdom.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #77
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, I'm getting confused by the story now. I suspect I'm getting to the "we had to rush this" part. Here's where I am:

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

I returned to Dantooine to meet with the Jedi Masters after doing all the planets. Kreia didn't join me to talk to them. The muppets decided they were going to cut me off from the Force again because I was apparently a wound and could end up destroying the Force. What does this mean?? How did I get this power?

Anyway, Kreia "rescued" me by killing the three, making it look like she was on my side. There's some dialogue which alludes to the fact that Kreia is more than she seems (I knew that, but what is she exactly?). She then leaves me there saying "Atris can do what the Council cannot". Do what? Kill me?

Because I end up chasing Kreia to Telos and there's a cutscene with Kreia and Atris talking about "Darth Treia". Has Atris fallen to the Dark side then? If so, why does she sound like a Jedi again when I spare her miserable life (I'm Light side). Atris doesn't seem to know what Kreia is either. What's Kreia's purpose? Does she want to save me (like she did on Dantooine) or kill me (leaving me to Atris). Unless she expected me to kill Atris?

Then all of a sudden I end up on Telos Citadel station where there's all these people from places I've visited. All very cool, but I'm a bit confused...

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #78
Thoran
Galvatron

Possible spoilers ...
Well I just finished and I can make some guesses, but you're definitely in the "rush for christmas and screw up the game" portion of the game.

Kria appears to have been a VERY powerful Sith Lord, she was the Master of the cracked body dude, and that guys still enamored of her. She also was one of the few Jedi that was ever cut off from the force by the Jedi Council (although apparently she got her power back somehow). She looked for you specifically because you did something no other force user has ever done, you walked away from the force. For some reason (they never really communicate effectively) that makes you unique and potentially very powerful.

The way I read it is that even though she revealed at the end that she was Sith, she WAS on your side... even at the very end when she forces you to kill her. All her actions were intended to make you stronger, although again, they fail to communicate how killing her and cracky boy make you stronger. While she was annoying to some, I ended up really liking her, she was devoted to her cause, single minded, ruthless, and powerful. I can respect that (she was awesome in Jedi Support mode towards the end).

Along with most others, I thought the end sucked, not so much because it was bad (it was marginally OK) but because it COULD have been awesome, they left SOO MANY things hanging that I'm sure they had no intention of leaving hanging.

I also was Light Side, Atris definitely went Dark Side (I also spared her life)
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #79
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Live with it mate, i don't think you'll get much clarity at the end either. All i know is that Kreia is a Sith Lord, who really REALLY hates the force. Apparently she thinks she can destroy the force through you. I was amazed by those Jedi masters too, all that trouble to bring them together, and what do they come up with....cutting you off from the force for the second time.

This game ends with a wide open scenario if you ask me.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #80
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

I returned to Dantooine to meet with the Jedi Masters after doing all the planets. Kreia didn't join me to talk to them. The muppets decided they were going to cut me off from the Force again because I was apparently a wound and could end up destroying the Force. What does this mean?? How did I get this power?

Anyway, Kreia "rescued" me by killing the three, making it look like she was on my side. There's some dialogue which alludes to the fact that Kreia is more than she seems (I knew that, but what is she exactly?). She then leaves me there saying "Atris can do what the Council cannot". Do what? Kill me?

Because I end up chasing Kreia to Telos and there's a cutscene with Kreia and Atris talking about "Darth Treia". Has Atris fallen to the Dark side then? If so, why does she sound like a Jedi again when I spare her miserable life (I'm Light side). Atris doesn't seem to know what Kreia is either. What's Kreia's purpose? Does she want to save me (like she did on Dantooine) or kill me (leaving me to Atris). Unless she expected me to kill Atris?

Then all of a sudden I end up on Telos Citadel station where there's all these people from places I've visited. All very cool, but I'm a bit confused...
I didn't realise when I wrote it, but my post contain some spoilers, as it explain the events in the game. I'm not saying what happen or how, so it won't ruin much, but if you want to play spoiler free you should wait until you have completed the game before reading it.

Atris is not a Jedi anymore, she's neutral and following both side, like Kreia did. Darth Treia is Kreia's old real name.

Telos is getting attacked, because when you went on the planet that had mandalore and saved the Queen, Kreia saved the bad's guy lieutenant and told him there is a secret academy full of Jedi on Telos, and the guy ran and told that to his Sith allies. Atris told your character that the Sith were on their way, sohe went there. The people you helped on other planets are there because I guess then are psychics and knew something was about to happen and came help.

As for the wound in the force... Your character always had the ability to create force bond and influence people. For an example of that, get Atton in your party, and kill an innocent NPC. After the fight Atton will wonder why he attacked the innocent, and comment on how it was as if he had no choice, you'll then gain influence on him.

When someone you are bonded with die, it feel like an invisible wound, like you lost an arm.

Your character bond with everyone. He was the general of the army that attacked Mandalore 5, and subconsciously linked with everybody.

Lots of people died at Malachor 5, and even more when your side was losing and Bao Dur (Buo Dar? Wathever) used some shadow generator to mess up the planet's gravity and kill off about everything on it. One of the loading screen refer to this as a tragedy worse than anything the Mandalorian ever did in their war.

The death of so many people linked to the PC was to much to survive, so your character cut himself from the force without knowing it, but it all this had repercussion and created a shockwave of force pain. When you finally meet all the masters, they comment on it. So do other people in the game.

Those assasins that came after you were Kreia's sith she trained. They went to Malachor, learned from what you did and became different.

Kreia (Darth Treia) used to be a great Sith lord. At first she was a Jedi, but a scholar mostly. Like Atris she studied the dark side, and eventually fell to it, she became corrupted, became a sith lord, but managed to "free herself" from the dark side and became neutral. Because of all that, she now hate the force, because she see it as something that try to control people, so she want to kill the force.

That's where your character come in. He learned to live without the force, he killed the force in him. He's also the one responsible for the shockwave. Kreia's plan is to create another shockwave, one stronger that would travel the universe. This shockwave would kill most people, those that would survive would be cut off from the source.

She's also the one who ordered the execution of all Jedi, by the way.